Crich Tram Museum

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Crich Tram Museum

Postby pbottomley » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:19 am

Hot off the press!

We have the opportunity to have a car show (proper car show) at Crich Tram Museum on September 9th (so we could save the peaks for another time)

http://www.tramway.co.uk

The cost would be as follows:

Pre 1968 cars FREE with One driver and 1 passenger, each additional passenger £8 for the full day. A few of the Pre 1968 cars are allowed to park up in front of the pub on the main street (it will make sense if you look at their website).

Post 1968 cars £8 per person.( I will ask how flexible they are for 1969 HB's? Sorry but I have already tried Viva HC's and they are not free!)

Space for up to 100 cars (not a problem there then!)

This £8 would include entrance to all the attractions and free tram rides all day long.

There is a PUB, and two restaurants (sweet shop for the kids) and much to see. I went with Kelly earlier in the year, and it was a good day out. I have a photo gallery for those interested:

http://www.annteak.com/mypics/crich%20tram%20museum/index.html

I did note that of the people who replied so far with interest for Viva Borialis are east of the Peaks so this would suit them better.

Ian and Clara is it too late to change this venue if we switch it? (Paperwork can be re printed if need be?)
pbottomley

Crich Tram Museum

Postby Sid » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:48 am

No camping though? The Saturday night get together has usually been a big part of the attraction of the "other" rallies.
Personally I liked the sound of the mini-cruise idea as well.

Don't listen to me too much though, 'cos I might not even be able to make it get as I've still not even met our latest local MOT
chap and he's the one thing potentially standing in my way.
If he's a stickler for strict rules then I'm in trouble. One place even refused to test my car just because it had "non standard"
exhausts!

As an aside, not that I'm personally concerned, but 1968 seems a bizarre cut off point for the free entry. I wonder why they chose
68?
73 I could understand (officially historic vehicle), even 66 (40 year old), but 68 seems a random number. I wonder if it relates to
trams, or when the place was first opened or the owner's birthday or something :-)
Wild guess. Don't know why but I bet it's got something to do with MGs!

Sid

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:44 pm

Lack of camping !! good point means no evening beer and barbeque. Not thought about that in my haste to post the above message..

tell you what I will stick to the plan of the peak district (still pending carpark charges etc for day visitors) and save a vivist to Crich for another time, maybe later inthe year (fashinabley un seaonal?).

Thats way Sid you got time to get your MOT bloke buttered up with loads of horse whatnot, about how that exhaust it totally as it came from the factory.

Right People we are sticking with the Peaks... Crich for a date to agree upon! date for this event and or other event ideas welcome...
pbottomley

Postby pbottomley » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:05 pm

Adrian do you want this to become an Event maybe for early next year and or Late late this year? if so I can pass the details onot yourself for inclussion in the next MAG! :idea:

That way people who are not on the website forum can get to hear about it.... :D
pbottomley

Re: Crich Tram Museum

Postby kellyharding » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:30 pm

pbottomley wrote:Hot off the press!

The cost would be as follows:

Pre 1968 cars FREE with One driver and 1 passenger, each additional passenger £8 for the full day. A few of the Pre 1968 cars are allowed to park up in front of the pub on the main street (it will make sense if you look at their website).

Post 1968 cars £8 per person.( I will ask how flexible they are for 1969 HB's? Sorry but I have already tried Viva HC's and they are not free!)

Space for up to 100 cars (not a problem there then!)

This £8 would include entrance to all the attractions and free tram rides all day long.

Was certainly a great day we had there :)

There isn';t actually anything ont he website it sems about the pre-68 cut off for cars.

I suspect it is down really to the 'feel' of the place they want.

They probably really only want 30s-50s cars as trams ended in some places in the early 50s and were replaced by trollybusses. some places kept their trams till the 60s though.

I suspect a 1970s car would just be out of place in that setting. Hence the cut off.

Would certainly be a unique event if we did this. I'm sure there is a suitable campsite near to it somewhere too.

Kelly
kellyharding

Return to Events