Christmas lunch.

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Christmas lunch.

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:12 am

I notice from reading other club forums that some of them have a sort of Christmas lunch. As I only joined the VOC in January, I am not aware wheathe we have done or do the same.

Christmas is a time for stress and spending loads of cash, sometimes we forget about our friends as we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of it all, so why not take a weekend in say late November to the early part of December, to relax and get together with those people that we only seem to see during the summer months.

I would be happy to organise such an event either on a national or regional basis, but I need feedback from as many people as possible to find out what you all want. Please post your thoughts here as soon as possible and I will ask Adrian to give me contact details for other members of the club that do not have internet access, so that they can become involved and have their say as well.

I look forward to hearing from you with your suggestions.

Ian,
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:41 am

ohhhhh CAN I BE FATHER XMAS? :lol:
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:50 am

You are the right size for him and I don't think that you would make a convincing elf, so why not. This does however mean that you have to provide all the presents.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:53 am

OHHH I am sure I can do that . I have a bucket full of the old nuts and bolts.

HO HO HO
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:02 am

Well Paul if that's the case all that is left to be said is"

YOUR THE DADDY Lol...

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Postby Clara » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:35 pm

So long as you don't make me the fairy to sit on the Christmas tree :shock:

Gosh I'm excited already!!

Carefully though Mr Automan sir no wearing yourself out!
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:02 pm

O.k. your magisty, but I hope when we do the lunch it dosen't "rain-deer".

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby kellyharding » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:40 pm

Sounds a good idea to me :)

And no ideas about getting me to dress up either ;) I'll just be the anti-christmas goth lurking probably ;)

Kelly
kellyharding

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:12 pm

I love people that lurk. I also like moochers etc. The more that want to come, the better the bash will be.

Any suggestions as to where or how to do the event would be appreciated.

I was thinking that maybe over a weekend would be a good idea. Arriving at say a Travel Lodge or such like the one day. Meeting for drinks in the evening to get to know each other and have a chat. Waking the next morning and may be going for a drive or something and then back for lunch, before leaving either that evening or early the next day. If this was the case, this would mean a nice relaxing weekend while all the hustle and bustle goes on else-where in the world.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Ian.
Automan.
AUTOMAN

Postby kellyharding » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:24 pm

If you got enough numbers (doubtful if it is just advertised on the forum), then maybe booking a hotel would work.

There are plenty of big hotels about, that have decent restruatnts.

Though you'll wnat to be startign to book about now really if you want to secure a christmas meal anywhere, as most of the decent places will fill up fast probably.

Kelly
kellyharding

Next

Return to Events