Christmas lunch.

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:58 pm

There will be a letter going out to all members of the club, to obtain their thoughts and to encourage as many members as possible to come allong. I will be including a reply letter and hope that of those that bother to do so will returne them to me by the end of the first week in October. I will then be able to work on a venue and price etc.

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby kellyharding » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:22 am

AUTOMAN wrote:There will be a letter going out to all members of the club, to obtain their thoughts and to encourage as many members as possible to come allong. I will be including a reply letter and hope that of those that bother to do so will returne them to me by the end of the first week in October. I will then be able to work on a venue and price etc.

Heres hoping you get a good responce from members!

Sadly it has seemed to me in the past that there is just too much int he way of apathy amongst members for some reason.

Hopefully the commitee will be able to dispel that over time.

Kelly
kellyharding

Postby AUTOMAN » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:28 pm

The village of Dunsop Bridge, is located to Lancaster. This village is also considered to be slap bang in the middle of Great Britain. The village of Meriden, is believed to be the centre of England. Either of these locations has the facilities that we require to arrange our christmas lunch. I believe that the Lancaster is the fairest option, as that is in the centre of the British Isles, so there should not be any squabling regarding people up north being further away and the same can be said for southern members.

The cost involved for a double room for each night is £49. also family rooms are available for the same price. 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children maximum may occupy a family room. Either the weekends of 25/26th of November or 2nd/3rd of December would seem to be likely candidates for the Christmas lunch weekend.

I now need feed-back fast, as to book the rooms, I will have to pay a deposit, which I am willing to do, this would mean that anybody who pulls out at the last minuite will lose money. Think hard, the deposit is 10% of the booking fee. I am happy to collect deposits and have the option to book from 10 rooms.

Please sign up, as when I have definate numbers and we have decided upon a location and how many nights we are staying, I can get on with finding a venue for the lunch.

Please rush me your thoughts,

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:47 pm

well the first place if one looks on a map is just west of Blackpool, which i can say hand on heart is a no no, Not because its near Blackpool, but more because its too far North.

One of the things we as a internet group are not aware of is the geographical spread of members, I would guess that more live south than north.

So the second suggestion of Meriden sounds better because its about 70 miles further south (and handy for me LOL).

Meriden is about 10 miles from BRUM for those of you intrested... :D

the later weekend sound smore Xmas like as its in December!

Like always Ian you need to make an executive choice and then stick with it come hell or high water. too many choices makes for too many answers and no clear path.
pbottomley

Postby kellyharding » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:52 pm

will not be able to make the first weekend in december I suspect.

Likely to be going out in Brum ont he 1st December to a gig.

Kelly
kellyharding

Previous

Return to Events