Forward Planning.

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Forward Planning.

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:21 am

The committee have been listening to oppinions regarding what members want from the club.

One of the biggest gripes is un-doubtedly the fact that people want to know about the Club's National Gathering/show. People say that the main reasons for poor attendance in recent years is the fact that they are not given enough time to plan for the event, because it happens during the late summer and people are taking late holidays and usualy don't get notice of the timing of the event untill about 6-8 weeks in advance.

Well this year is different, it has been suggested that we set the date for 3 main events that the club is holding, immediately so that everybody can be given fair warning or notice, in order that members can plan to include these events and enjoy participating in them.

I am not in a possition to give too many details at this time, but be warned that the weekend of the 7th & 8th of September are dates that all club members should set asside for a fantastic weekend of celebration and fun.

The committee have decided to use that weekend for the 3 events.

SATURDAY,
1. The Second Vauxhall Viva Club AGM.
2. A Party of Celebration regarding 25 years of the club's existance.

SUNDAY,
3. The Vauxhall Viva Club National Ralley.

As this is the only information that I am prepared to dissclose at the moment, please trust that you will have a great weekend should you decide that you can not miss an event that this club has never seen the like of before. Bring your family and friends there will be something on offer for everybody, young old or what-ever you consider yourself to be.

The enphasis this year is on celebration of the past and embracing the future, whilst having fun in the now.

If you needed a reason to re-join the club, though why I don't know, but this is it, so fill in your forms and get Paul busy. Become a part of the active team of Area representatives who will bring the club to members on a local basis or if you prefer write something for the magazine.

Our cars and our club are here to be enjoyed, so join in and get the most and best out of both. Sometimes the cars can go wrong, but with your help and support the club can go a long long way.

Thank you,

Ian,
AUTOMAN,
CHAIRMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:50 am

Oi leave me out of this... I am busy as it is!! :D

Yes well I for one am looking forward to a great national weekend at the later side of this year.

But more to follow on that as Ian says.
pbottomley

Postby psl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:38 pm

Must agree with the above, it sounds great.
To let all members know Clara is working overtime on events. All suggestions eg chasewater country park are being looked into in great detail, regarding the cost etc and we will come up with some great locations, all we ask is bring your enthusiasm
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby shamm » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:14 pm

Anyone else spot the deliberate msitake?

The weekend is the 8/9th of Sep 2007.

Using last years calendar Ian?
Steve Hammond

Two 2.3 Viva's, one 2.3 Viva Estate, one 2.3 Magnum estate, half share in a 1.6 Viva auto, and no time (HC183)
shamm
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:45 pm

Some would say that I am behind the times, but this just proves it.

Thank you Steve.
AUTOMAN

Postby vitaminc74 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:21 pm

bugger , sorry chaps ,will have to miss that one ?another show that weekend !! never mind , ill be at billing anyway
vitaminc74
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Events