Club AGM/National Rally

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Club AGM/National Rally

Postby Cold Snail » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Quote from Ian about the AGM next month and dates added to calander at the top of the site.

FOLLOWING THE RESOUNDING SUCCESS OF THE FIRST CLUB AGM WHICH TOOK PLACE AT THE GAYDON HERITAGE CENTRE, THE CLUB IS SET TO MAKE A RETURN VISIT THIS YEAR TO HOLD NOT ONLY THE AGM, BUT ALSO THE CLUB’S 25TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS AS WELL AS THE ANNUAL NATIONAL RALLY, OVER THE WEEKEND OF 8TH & 9TH SEPTEMBER 2007. EVENTS WILL COMMENCE AT 11:00 ON THE SATURDAY MORNING.

Firstly the club will get the business end of the weekend over and done with by holding our second AGM. This will consist of reports from the present committee regarding what has been achieved by the club since the previous meeting of members, as well as what plans have been put in place for the club to ensure continuity in preparation for next year in order to assist the new committee. A new club constitution will be placed before the membership to gain opinions amendments and ratification. Elections for committee members will then be held where members can nominate or be nominated to continue to take the club forward. A full agenda for the AGM will be published prior to the event.

Secondly Lunch followed by a look around the Gaydon Heritage Centre. Gaydon has undergone a dramatic transformation since our previous visit, so there will be something new for every member to enjoy this year. New exciting exhibitions have been added to enhance the experience. We had feed-back regarding last years event when a view was expressed that not enough time was allocated to this part of the event due to the time of year it was held, so that is one of the reasons that the committee decided to combine it with the birthday party as well as the Club national. Nobody need travel home on busy dark roads.

Camping facilities are available on site from Friday 7th & Saturday 8th September, so members may travel at their leisure and not miss a thing.
Also for those members that would prefer not to camp, a list of recommended bed and Breakfast as well as hotel accommodation will be available from the club from Monday 16th July, in order that early bookings can be arranged at your own convenience.

On the Saturday evening, the club will have a party. This again is also due to be held on site at the Gaydon Heritage centre, thus reducing the need for members to drive anywhere afterwards. It is hoped that by making this arrangement all members would be able to fully relax and unwind. A buffet for all types of diet will be catered for and the evening will also have a disco to enable everybody to “Strut their Stuff” if so inclined.

Sunday will see a nice early start to the club National Rally. We have room for over 100 cars to be displayed this year in one of Gaydon’s specially designed Show arenas’. We will be offering refreshments as well as giving everybody the chance to appreciate the vehicles that members will have on display. Our usual Prize giving ceremony will be endured (sorry held) and members will also be invited to vote during this process, for a new category called “The Members Favourite”.

After all of this, we will all probably be sick of the sight of each-other, so then it will be time to pack up and make our way home, hoping that all have had a satisfying weekend in which new friends have been made, old acquaintances have been renewed and a few new love affairs started, I am of course talking about people and cars.

Please spare some time to think about becoming involved with the running of your club. We are actively seeking people to work with the committee as local area representatives. Members are also invited to nominate either themselves or others to serve on the committee for next year. All posts are available for election so why not think about where your talents lie and how best you may be able to assist the club to carry on the work already started. Should you require clarification regarding any of the above; why not contact a committee member now to talk it over.

It is only with your support that the club can make a difference, so please become involve in some way, the rewards of satisfaction when you have helped somebody no matter how small are immense and make the effort involved so worth while.

Ian Francis,
Chairman VVOC.
Last edited by Cold Snail on Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
All the best, Paul.
Cold Snail
I'm free!!!

Club AGM.

Postby pbottomley » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:04 pm

Cheers for the "advance" notice, however I was rather expecting something
in the post?

I thought the club had sent everyone a letter with these details? Weird
not seen a thing in nearly two weeks now... getting a bit late in the day
for paid up members who are not on the forum, I checked with a few people
who are in the club and not on the forum and they have seen nothing, and
didnt knwo about the AGM apart form the last magazine that said more
details to follow?

Is there a problem?
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:41 pm

No problem, but thank you for your concern.

Kind regards,

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Postby Clara » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:10 pm

Do we need to book the camping? Can someone send me the details please.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:32 pm

No booking needed, just turn up and enjoy yourselfs, there is no charge to any club member for any of the events, though it must be stressed that this weekend is only open to paid-up club members, so be sure to bring your current club membership card.

A flyer was sent out via a postal sorting office on 31st July. This was sent to all U.K. residents that are current members of the club excluding committee members. I have been away for a few days and apart from talking to Adrian last week who told me that he had not recieved a flyer, I was unaware unltill this evening that there was a problem.

My appologies for this and you can be assured that I will be contacting the sorting office concerned first thing in the morning. I will then provide an explaination for you.

In the mean-time, I will arrange for another copy of the flyer to be sent within 48 hours. If anybody has recieved a flyer, please would they let me know?

Regards,
AUTOMAN

Postby hbpeter » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:52 pm

I've not had anything since the last club mag.
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby mrs bulldog » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:05 pm

we've not recieved anything either as yet.im glad you asked about the camping clara how much is it per night?or is there no charge as a member?if we drive up friday night can we get in or would it be best to come up saturday early?i apoligise if the answers to these are elsewhere on the board :oops: if they are ive not seen them!!sarah
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Cold Snail » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:33 pm

Friday and Saturday has been booked for camping.

The club has been allocated x number of pitches for both nights, if the turnout exceeds that amount, the club will pick up the tab so that no-one has to pay.
All the best, Paul.
Cold Snail
I'm free!!!

Postby lizzieviva » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:12 am

No flyer apart from last newsletter here either.What time is kick off?
lizzieviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Cold Snail » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:18 am

lizzieviva wrote:No flyer apart from last newsletter here either.What time is kick off?

I think the meeting is kicking off at 11am on Saturday, get there earlier for a decent seat/cup of tea/biscuit.
All the best, Paul.
Cold Snail
I'm free!!!

Next

Return to Events