So it`s the clubs national. Time for a jolly up me thinks!

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

So it`s the clubs national. Time for a jolly up me thinks!

Postby psl » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:33 pm

Well it`s that time again :twisted:

Im still going to the national, no matter of my veiws. I wanna catch up with old friends and have a bevvy or 7 :twisted:
Due to work im unable to camp on the Fri night but will be there, with my other half in a tent on the Sat. Seems that the foook up regarding the disco only means that we`ll have to make Sat night, a night for beer and curry :twisted: O sh1t nearly forgot Mike i`ll make a solo run for the fish and chip shop just for you. :) Danny and Mr Bennet hats off for extra work that has been placed upon you, but dont worry about the nights entertainment im sure i`ll get something sorted out for you.
List of needs:
Beer
Beer
I`ve got a speacial bottle for you all :twisted: plus a gazebo :D
Smoking robbes
pots and pans
We`ll do a shop run for more beer and milk, coffee and sugar etc
Word of warning, i aint doing the coffees all weekend, someone else can play mum.
Please add what you can bring.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:02 am

hi paul,we're bringing our twin burner cooker and ultra small grill we've only the one kettle,but people can use the other burner,bringing our 25litre water container so waters not a problem,shall we bring some wind breakers??hmm feeling a little trailer attached to the hb towbar,shall we bring some board games for the evening entertainment??(got travel monopoly,got others too)we'll bring our dodgy fold down table/bench thing as long as theres no fat knacker sat on it it, it should stay up!
mike has said he'll come with you on the fish n chip run :wink: hes also bringing his smoking robe to keep warm as he likes your idea.
can somebody find out on site if we can buy 13kilo gas cyclinders/refills as ours is running low after our 10 day hol so if it should run out its not such a disaster or if not we can get it refilled before we leave.
is it a proper camp site? as we've a hook up cable should anyone need the luxury of electric
.sarah n mike
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby psl » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:50 pm

I`ll bring my wind breaker, only got one left after billing. So wind breakers would be good. I` bring both gazebos and my stove.
No gas refills on their camp site, so best refill before leaving. I`ll bring my camping light.
Marcus, you`ve gotta bring that floppy tent lad, just so i can laugh at it, if anything. Im sure that`ll take us all night to errect anyhow.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

tent

Postby marky » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:27 pm

hi paul (psl) just to let u no that the fatal pop up tent is all packed away in its bag again and thats where it is staying at home lol i have brought a normal tent this time so i should be able to sleep in my own tent with a bit of luck this time
marky
Looking on eBay

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:12 am

Just thought that you all may like to know, it was not the disco that there was a problem with, it seems that Gaydon wanted far to much money for the room e.g. £400 and then a further £15 per person with a minimum of 75 people for the food, which was not what was agreed at the time of booking. There was no way that the club could justify spending that much money on a birthday party for a minority of its members, I do hope that you will understand this very valid point. I thank you Mr London and crew for salvaging the Saturday nights activities.
AUTOMAN

Re: tent

Postby Clara » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:04 am

marky wrote:hi paul (psl) just to let u no that the fatal pop up tent is all packed away in its bag again and thats where it is staying at home lol i have brought a normal tent this time so i should be able to sleep in my own tent with a bit of luck this time

No take the pop up! The entertainment valve of hearing about 15 drunk members trying to get an erection up is too good to miss out.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby psl » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:48 pm

im sure 15 members having a debatetion on mass would all be able to get it up :twisted: without too much trouble
Marcus bring the tent!!!!!!!!!!!!!! once its up i want to burn it :)
Even better im going to try and go the whole night without swearing....... well i`ll try for the first hour any way.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Clara » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:18 pm

psl wrote:Even better im going to try and go the whole night without swearing....... well i`ll try for the first hour any way.

Which laddies are you bringing to try and behave in such a polite manner?!

Not entirely sure I can justify driving from Reading to the campsite and back in an evening but you not swearing almost makes it worth it!
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby psl » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:21 pm

im sure we`ll all be on our best behaviour :wink: My wife is used to John, Mitch and the others, who just turn up and munch our bacon and use all the milk for coffee, so there`s no worries there.
I may just bring a giant size Twister board game, well there`s that or sit in a curry house and watch John and i rip the waiters all night, get back to the camp site and tell tall stories on our fast we`ve had a 1256 flat out down the M1 motorway.
A convoy of Viva`s snaking its way to a curry house (getting lost), nipping into a petrol station for some fags should look good. Which poor sod is going to stay back and look after the tents :roll:
2005`s convoy of around 12 viva`s was great, even though we got lost on the way to the venue on the Sun

Need to know numbers here people as to gauge bookings for curry house (i will ask if we can bring in one fish and chips take out for Mike, if not Mike will have to have a man bag for the night and hide them in there)............... answers on the back of a post card please.

Twister and the steel toe cap lobb (how far can you wang a steel toe cap boot) will be part of the after curry house activities or just slobb and drink lots of beer, wine, tea, coffee or babysham
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:57 pm

blimey when i read we had to say who'd want curry i couldn't get here quick enough!of course i want curry im happy to take out though if its easier all round/lack of interest whatever,cant see mike with a man bag paul i must say not unless we fill it full of spanners and viva parts that might tempt him to hold it!
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Next

Return to Events