Vauxhall Heritage Centre Open Day 7th October

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Postby Clara » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:50 pm

mrs bulldog wrote:if you tidy it paul mike wouldn't be able to find anything and it would take too long to tidy and you'd all need flares incase you got lost!!im actually sleeping with viva parts on the top of our lacey bed canopy again oh joy........

Should I be worried that

1. I don't remember seeing this as a fetish in my encyclopaedia of sexual practices
2. I have said encyclopaedia
3. He hasn't kicked you out to make space for more viva parts
4. YOU haven't kicked him out :lol:

It must be love.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:56 am

i do say if he brings home any more cars he'll be sleeping with his precious cars.......in the shed,i keep telling him hes lucky im so tolerant i've been with mike since i was 15(im now 31)and hes always been big into cars and i'm not a girly girl and i take a interest too so i guess that helps!but i do have my moments like when i find parts in the kitchen or when i cant get out the back door to walk the dog.
i was lying in bed last night looking at whatever part is on the top of my lace canopy(apparently its the safest place in the house away from the kids)and i sat there thinking does it really bother me but nah it dosent!!
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Clara » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:32 pm

mrs bulldog wrote:i do have my moments like when i find parts in the kitchen or when i cant get out the back door

*Makes mental note to tidy car parts away before letting Mrs Bulldog into the house*
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby bulldog » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:51 pm

:roll: :) i would bring the car in but cant get it through the door (dam it) now what did i do with that sledge hammer
mike

1972 firenza 2000 sl turbo
1969 HB 1159 2 door deluxe [Fungus]
1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:26 pm

Changing the subject slightly...

If anyone who is going to Luton this weekend has a spare starter motor bolt (OHV engine) & a HA clutch cable can they please bring them with them.... I am short of these for Marvin.

Cheers.....
pbottomley

Postby mazzo » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:06 pm

Best laid plans.....

Wife and one of the kids have some nasty bug so are not in a good way. So no Luton for me. Spent most of my morning nursing!

Oh, well.........
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1971 Green 2 door HC Base model
1978 Red 4 door Viva E from new
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby dann01 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:41 am

We missed you... And you missed Muffins!

Sorry to hear about the wife, it's so unfair.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby mazzo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:28 pm

What's more unfair is that I think they've given it to me!! Feel like poo today. Greeted this evening by one of my kids who was OK over the weekend with "I feel really awful....." I suppose it is the start of the winter bugs season.

Got to drag my sorry body out to a meeting tonight, which I really wish I didn't have to. At least it is only down the road.

Muffins......mmmmm, that would have been nice.

What's our next event. Is there anything now before Billing?
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:56 am

hope you're feeling better mazzo!!we couldn't go due to money as its leighs bday on the 16th and had lots of things to pay i even got a parking fine when i went to college i bought a pay n display tickey but when i shut the door it blew onto the passenger seat and as it wasnt on the dash got a £60 fine!!i appealed but the tight bas****s wont give me back my money even after i photocopied my ticket!im walking to college now or getting my stepdad to drop me off much less stress as parking is hell anyway.sarah
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby mazzo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:41 am

Thanks, I am a lot better.

That's poor about the ticket. Did it have a sticky label on the back that you should have used to stick on the windscreen?

If not, I would argue that they have not provided you with a ticket that is fit for purpose! Certainly on my car, if the heater is left on screen and it is a windy day outside, things get blown off the dashboard. So anyone could have the same problem if the ticket is just left on the dash.

If it was me, I would get a weather forecast for the day showing it was windy, see if anyone else has had the same problem (do a goolge) and then ask them to check their CCTV, which most carparks have. Pain in the bum and a lot of work, but if it gets you off the £60 - and you win the moral victory, you might think it is worth it.

I had a quick look on google and it doesn't seem uncommon. Stories in the Telegraph and other sources - as well as various councils across the country reporting it.

Finally you can go to the National Parking Adjudication Service and lodge an appeal.
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Events