Vandal damage

Has a Viva or other classic been stolen? Have you been a victim of crime? Let everyone know, we may find it and get back that much loved car! :missu:

Postby Pork Pie » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:50 pm

This insurance game seems like a right old scam, i hope Les`s does`nt get the same problems as it would be a shame another Viva gets crushed due to red tape
Pork Pie

Postby edgoose1 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:59 pm

Yes, it just seems like jealousy. Or people dont like you driving someithing different. I take it is Les is Red Coupe. I always think were i park the cars i now always park in a secure car park in Nottingham.

The Firenza was once broken into in Nottingham for the Stereo. Smashed the window and took the stereo no other damage luckily, but that was broad day light.

How many of us have a CAR Alarm, i dont although i always put one of those crook locks on the steering wheel. Maybe a visual deterent at least will help.

I do feel foe Les

Carl
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:07 pm

No its not Les i with the red coupe, its Les Potter, who`m has had his car from 2 years old and has rebuilt it twice, a nice chap but isnt it always the case, the good guys get a kicking when they are down!
Pork Pie

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:11 pm

I have had to put gates on the side wall of my rear garden because somebody opened my drive-gates on the front and scratched my viva, Now it is parked in my garden safe where nobody can get at it, as the garden-gates are chained and locked. I would hapily donate a few quid to buy Lez's car for salvage for him, if the insurance company do write it off. At least that way Lez can get to keep his car himself. Anyone else interested in doing the same? Just let us know what happens and also please ask Lez if he would be offended if we did this, as I would hate to offend him.

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Pork Pie » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:36 pm

i`ll keep you updated as to what goes on, just a waiting game now with the insurance company. All i know its been taken to to pound and its waiting to be assessed. He does want to buy it back if offered so he`ll have to wait and see.
Pork Pie

Postby AUTOMAN » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:13 am

If you are giving him the parts and we pay the pound fees by giving a few £'s, do you think Lez would stop the claim, that way the car does not have to be written off and Lez get's to keep it?

We are a club, dedicated to keeping viva's on the road, so will anybody help to do this for Lez?

LET US GET TOGETHER AND SHOW LEZ OUR SUPPORT, HE IS AFTER ALL A FELLOW CLUB MEMBER.

ian
Automan.
AUTOMAN

Vandal damage

Postby Sid » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:22 am

Sickening scumbags. B*stards like that should be castrated. Am I getting old
or is this country really going to hell.
Bring back the "stocks", I'm serious.

Sid
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

Vandal damage

Postby Sid » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:31 am

Yeah insurance companies like taking your money but they hate giving it
back.

Also they'll rather write a car off than fix it even if its worth twice the
repair quote.
When my Manta got rear-ended I got three repair quotes averaging 400 quid. I
claimed on the other party's insurance company, who valued it, and then said
it was a "total loss" and offered me 850, go figure!, but it gets better,
they then agreed to pay me 770 *and* let me keep the car to fix myself!
Surely they might as well have paid out the 400 to have it fixed in the
first place! Bizarre.

Sid
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Pork Pie » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:20 pm

The claim is going through that`s all i know at the mo, i would of thought that it`ll be written off which ever way. Les says he wants the car back and at the end of the day its just a steering column, steering wheel, pass side window and a bit of wire. A few hours work and it`ll be sorted. Les said he`ll ring if he gets any news.
The Viva its self is no way near show standard and to many they would say just scrap it but when you listen to Les (or anybody) that has spent hundreds of pounds and countless man hours on a car that has been with them for decades you begin to realise it becomes part of you. And credit to him its used everyday, i can only worship some one like that.
I will let him know of your offer Ian and see what he wants to do.
Pork Pie

Offers of help

Postby pbottomley » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:42 pm

same here paul if i have some parts he needs would happly donate soem to keep it going, this is the sprit of a club and i whole heartly support him in an attempt to get it back on the road. :D

Fancy a run over there and doing the work Paul ?
pbottomley

PreviousNext

Return to Stolen or Damaged