Belmont stolen AGAIN

Has a Viva or other classic been stolen? Have you been a victim of crime? Let everyone know, we may find it and get back that much loved car! :missu:

Belmont stolen AGAIN

Postby pbottomley » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:51 am

Well thats does it for all the stuff I had planed over the next few weeks...

The Belmont (my everyday car) which I just got less than 3 weeks ago has just been nicked off the drive.... So it Marvin only now.... lets just hope that I can keep him going until I find another everyday car. (had plans to do soem work this weekend)

I guess the moral of the story is, dont drive a MK2 Astra around Nuneaton, it appears there is some low life who cannot help themselves when they see a MK2 astra/belmont.

There was a brand new 08 Mazda kudos, an Aston Martin DB7, Marvin and the Belmont on the drive, and they took the Belmont

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Lack of taste if you ask me, as well as no sense of morals
pbottomley

Postby lambaj » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:29 am

Sorry to hear about your troubles ! What are people like. Get another one and wire it up to the mains......
Live goes to the clutch pedal and negative to the steering wheel. That way they get mains across the chest.
Won't get too far.....

PS you'll get nicked, but the idea seems sound to my sense of right and wrong.
Tony (HA21)
"Ere look - thats one of them Mk2 Vauxhall Cortinas....!!"
lambaj
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Johnboy HB » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:36 am

Unfortunatley cars of that era, mk 1 &2 astras, mk 2 cavaliers, metro's, maestro's & montego's were prone to being pinched. I had 2 astra's years ago a mk 1 gte which was stolen & never seen again & a mk 2 astra max van which got broken into a couple of times, apparently, according to the police, it's done easily with only a screwdriver !!!
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:44 am

Its gets better by the second!!! Cops just called me 10pm last night, they found the car, as expected up in camp Hill Nuneaton, it appears as if the Belmont has been rallied across the fields.... got an idea soemthing was up as the helicopter was out above the town..

Now here is the good news... Its been towed to the impound £175 + VAT, its being stored at £50 a day + VAT and they are closed tomorrow which means the earliest I can get the car is Monday at a nice price of £325 + VAT.

Gets better, if I dont pay they will sue me for the costs..... So I have to claim on my insurance and see my insurance rise again......

This is making me double a victim, had the car nicked and now have to pay £325 just to see it again....and if I dont pay I then become a criminal...

I expect the little ****s who stole the car are walking free drinking beer and the fuzz will just look at them sternly...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

found on another website as information:

There are statutory powers which means that the losers of a stolen vehicle no longer have the option to arrange recovery of the vehicles themselves when the stolen vehicle is located by police. In these circumstances, the vehicle will be removed by a garage and charged to the owner or his insurance. The reason for this was that many owners of stolen vehicles were simply not bothering to recover them, specifically where they had been damaged.
pbottomley

Postby grandas_shed » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:56 pm

do you have legal cover on your insurance?

if you do then if any the people get caught, then you could use the legal cover to claim your costs and the difference in insurance from the people who stole it

also this would then get you back your loss of no claims bonus once it is proven that it was them,
grandas_shed
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Clara » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:00 pm

That's rather harsh! I'll let my shot gun and some Vaseline, we'll soon teach those scrotes a few polite words.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:20 pm

That STINKS!! Its about right for this country, let the t*&t off that stole the car, and hammer the victim for every penny they can get. Whats your chances of winning if you dont get the car and get sued?? Probably zilch. Try writting to the national press, the SUN love a story like this, get it out in the public, it might get changed, but dont hold your breath. How about your local MP?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby pbottomley » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:44 pm

I'm a Daily Mail reader Peter no need to look at minor papers like the SUN
pbottomley

Postby midlands_nick » Mon May 25, 2009 9:35 pm

maes you sick dont it mate, when my beagle was written off all they cared about was getting the loke out of it without damaging his neck, all I wanted to do was stamp on it...

i suppose my only payback was the fact he was on crutches for 7 months and the girl he had with him had her nose mashed over her face..

still didnt get me my van back though :(
midlands_nick
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby SPEEDY » Wed May 27, 2009 11:59 pm

Yeah, let me jump on here too, the rozzers do nothing at all for crime prevention/solving of/or arresting unless it involves CASH.
And then when the sods have CASH, they go and blow it in the skies patroling in ruddy helicoptors. Its a sham.

Sorry to hear of your woes mate. I used to own a belmont once, good car it was too. :x
ImageImageImageRETRO VAUXHALLS OF THE VIVA KIND
SPEEDY
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Stolen or Damaged