Rover write-off

Has a Viva or other classic been stolen? Have you been a victim of crime? Let everyone know, we may find it and get back that much loved car! :missu:

Rover write-off

Postby Mjones » Wed May 27, 2009 11:08 pm

I am perhaps a little off topic in sharing with you my Rover disaster, but it is a sobering reminder that this sort of thing can in just a split second happen to our precious Viva's, Firenza's, Magnums or any other lovingly preserved vehicle.

The picture link below is of my 1995 Rover 214sli after a head on collision in Portsmouth during the early hours. The other driver lost control and failed to negotiate a sharp bend during light rain conditions. I forsee problems ahead, as the police were unable to establish if he held a UK driving licence. (Or any licence!):roll:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/petermax1981/rover1.jpg?t=1243363729
Mjones
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Clara » Thu May 28, 2009 7:44 pm

Hope you are okay!! Looks nasty.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Mjones » Thu May 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Clara wrote:Hope you are okay!! Looks nasty.

Thanks, I suffered no ill effects, not even whiplash. The other vehicle came off worse. My Rover was officially written off today by the insurance company due to the uneconomics of repairing such an old vehicle. This is a pity as it was a very tidy reliable workhorse and certainly no banger despite being 14 years old. I spent a lot of time and money keeping it up to scratch and look what happens!
Mjones
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Stolen or Damaged