Members Gallery?

:help3: an area for website help and use guides

Members Gallery?

Postby vivavivaviva » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Is there somewhere tucked away a 'members gallery' section that I haven't found yet?

Obviously there's the 'say hello' part of the board for newbies like myself, but if I want to post up some new photos in 6 months time or I would like to view other members images of their pride and joy, restoration story, or just their trips out to the seaside, there doesn't seem to be a dedicated section to cover that.... For instance, I've clicked on a few members avatars hoping to see some more (and larger) photos of their car and all I get is a link to their most frequent posts which if they're anything like me is just a mass of 'Wanted' requests....

Just a thought as well, if a gallery section could be created, that if a member starts a thread they always update that one and not start new ones each time they add new photographs, then we can see all their images in one thread. This would then form a sort of library of images and a handy resource for inspiration.

Just my thoughts - I don't know how easy/possible it would be to do - does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? :)
vivavivaviva
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Members Gallery?

Postby droopsnoot » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:53 pm

I've an idea there was something like that, but I can't find it now and might be thinking of another site.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby pbottomley » Tue May 03, 2016 5:11 pm

Nope no gallery as such, just start a thread and get on with it :) add a new post for each new set of pictures... its not hard ....
pbottomley

Postby 1972nail » Tue May 03, 2016 5:45 pm

Who's going to be first then? :)

If you're a club member and have access to the registers there are loads of pictures in there of nice cars but not linked to specific members and not necessarily recent.

Lots of the restoration threads have photos too, especially near the end of the project.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to Website Discussion