Vandal damage

Has a Viva or other classic been stolen? Have you been a victim of crime? Let everyone know, we may find it and get back that much loved car! :missu:

Postby Pork Pie » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:35 pm

Im up for that lad.
Just started to remove the steering column and bottom half wiring today ready for him, good job this red Viva is still here! although the otherhalf has now said its time for it to go, not the same text but she means the same thing.
Pork Pie

Up for a road trip

Postby pbottomley » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:53 pm

Give me a shout, its not a million miles and I have a large Hammer :lol:
pbottomley

Last minute update

Postby pbottomley » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:35 am

Right tinkermans PC has died (another job for me !) so this is a telephone message from him to say, the car ha been written off by the insurance company and he can bye it off them for some silly numbers, and needs to pay for storage, at the minute it stands to cost £300 plus just to get it back.

For this reason Les has decided to abandon it as its just too much money for a damaged car, and has passed the details of the pound to us, so that should anyone be intrested in buying the car from the pound they might have the opertunity.

edgertons

mobely

moss lane

the car will need a steering colum, stering wheeel and other odds and sods, like a harness (or lots of tape and a good haynes book)

the car is a very very late HC (reputed to be one of the last 10 made).
pbottomley

Postby griffonmark » Sat May 13, 2006 5:40 pm

Hi Sad Edd

What a pity I wasn't a member earlier or I could have given your son some advice on his stolen Nova. I have a copy of a court case somewhere (Frizzell Insurance V some police recovery yard) which went to appeal. The upshot of this case was that if the police instruct collection of a stolen vehicle then they are responsible for the cost of recovery unless the owner wants the car back or his insurers become involved. If your son, like most youngsters, didn't want to claim on his insurance to protect his NCB and didn't want the car back, he should not have had to pay. If he has paid and didn't get his car back he may be entitled to a refund, particularly if the recovery yard told him he was legally responsible. He wasn't. There is a grey area over collecting items out of the vehicle though. I think you should be able to recover personal belongings, but not items attached to the car, like alloy wheels, spoilers, radio etc.. Its a miserable situation because a lot of kids are forced into making a claim purely because they cannot afford the recovery/storage charges which are often inflated. Another example of the Police messing around with motorists money to suit their own ends. Regards Mark
griffonmark
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Edd_V6 » Tue May 16, 2006 11:50 am

Thanks for your reply Mark...In the end we explained to the recovery company and they let us have the car back for £125 cash (ie no vat).

I have since fixed the car for him using Viva bits of course Ign, Door locks etc and he's happy again, Am currently building him a V8 HC for his 21 Birthday so he should be Happy now.

Cheers for the info though.

Happy edd now.
Edd_V6
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Tue May 16, 2006 2:06 pm

Its my 21st next week as well, what do I get ? :mrgreen:
pbottomley

Postby Clara » Tue May 16, 2006 2:13 pm

Edd_V6 wrote:Thanks for your reply Mark...In the end we explained to the recovery company and they let us have the car back for £125 cash (ie no vat).

I have since fixed the car for him using Viva bits of course Ign, Door locks etc and he's happy again, Am currently building him a V8 HC for his 21 Birthday so he should be Happy now.

Cheers for the info though.

Happy edd now.

It's my 21st birthday on the 23rd of this fine month do I get anything?? :D

(and I'm not even having a party because mother wouldn't let me have a bouncy castle) :cry:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby griffonmark » Tue May 16, 2006 2:33 pm

Hi Dad, just to let you know I've changed my name to Griffonmark and have moved to Preston. Hurry up and get that V8 fitted.

Regards Son
griffonmark
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Edd_V6 » Wed May 17, 2006 7:41 pm

Now Now children. someone is not telling the truth here.. I have not seen my son for a week or so now but i don't think he has moved to preston (although he is by chance called Mark), i also dont think hes got a little white HA so i think you may be fibbing there too Clara, and i know for a fact hes not a computer wiz kid so i think you may be fibbing to paul.

But just in case i will take all your birthday requests and keep them in mind when i build my next little project.....

Edd
Edd_V6
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Clara » Wed May 17, 2006 8:28 pm

Edd_V6 wrote:i think you may be fibbing there too Clara,

Meep!! :(

It REALLY is my birthday on the 23rd of May! I was born in 1985 and am the result of some broken plates and gossip.

I am not a fibber!! Come round here and look at my passport if you want 8)

I didn't claim to be your son (happy birthday by the way) I merely asked what was I going to get for my 21st! :wink:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Stolen or Damaged