Hello Everyone :)

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello Everyone :)

Postby nick_smith » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Hello everyone :D

I have just posted my membership paperwork and wanted to take the opportunity to say hi to those using the forum.

I passed my test this week which means I will finally be able to start driving my first car - a '79 HC that I saved from being scrapped and lovingly restored. I look forward to sharing my restoration pictures and learning from the Viva expertise on here.

Viva la viva,
Nick
Viva la viva
nick_smith
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Hello Everyone :)

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:10 am

Well done Nick nice to have some new young blood in the club - should receive your membership papers today or tomorrow if you say they have just gone in the post. You must have one of the last Vivas to be made if it is a 1979 model.
I am sure there are lots of people on here willing to give you advise when required.
I would be interested in what your insurance is and who with - Classic car insurance can be tricky for under 25's and although we ask what's available and what the constraints are, answers can be a bit vague - evidence of an actual agreed policy and its constraints is always useful - PM me if you prefer to keep it confidential.
Hope to meet up maybe at the Annual VBOA National Rally in July - we will have a Club Stand
http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Camping-fo ... -2017.html
viewtopic.php?f=334&t=26821
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby GAV » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:49 am

Well done Nick, I passed my test in an HB circa 1969, seems like only yesterday, anyways hope you will have many years of old Viva enjoyment in your HC, good luck.
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby cooperman » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi Nick, welcome to the fold, hope to see you at a show or two. Marcus
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby nick_smith » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Fred Dukes wrote: I would be interested in what your insurance is and who with - Classic car insurance can be tricky for under 25's and although we ask what's available and what the constraints are, answers can be a bit vague - evidence of an actual agreed policy and its constraints is always useful

I've just passed my test but I am over 25 - I can still share details of you are interested?

GAV wrote:Well done Nick, I passed my test in an HB circa 1969, seems like only yesterday, anyways hope you will have many years of old Viva enjoyment in your HC, good luck.

Thanks Gav - I'm sure I will!

cooperman wrote:Hi Nick, welcome to the fold, hope to see you at a show or two. Marcus

I will keep my eyes peeled to see if there is anything local until I am comfortable with reliability of my Viva.
Viva la viva
nick_smith
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:58 pm

That will teach me to make assumptions :roll: - Insurance for under 25's I was interested in sorry :oops:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby hbpeter » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello and welcome. Look forward to seeing pictures of the car. Whats its reg number we might already have it in our register.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby nick_smith » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:That will teach me to make assumptions :roll: - Insurance for under 25's I was interested in sorry :oops:

Don't worry, no offence taken :D

hbpeter wrote:Hello and welcome. Look forward to seeing pictures of the car. Whats its reg number we might already have it in our register.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I'll upload them when I get a chance to sieve through - it's YML179T
Viva la viva
nick_smith
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Membership arrived today :P Found good s/h steering coupler in Club spares will pm you :wink:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby hbpeter » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:05 pm

We do have that one in the register HC E? 2dr Yellow. But no pics of it, hint hint!
9C11DJX131413 Chassis No.
2022845 Engine No.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Next

Return to Say Hello