Silver strip in window seal

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Silver strip in window seal

Postby vivapete3 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:06 am

My Viva"s silver strip in the window seal surround has lost its silver colour , looking dull, is it possible to replace this strip or will I need to renew the complete seal? Next question, where can I get this strip or new seal, all idea"s welcome! Cheers, vivapete3
vivapete3
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Silver strip in window seal

Postby 1972nail » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:03 am

You can replace the strip. East Kent Trim sell them. The dimensions of these are specific to Vivas so they are the only supplier who sell the correct one AFIK.

If your rubber seal is old and hardened up then replacing the trim will be very difficult to do without damaging the rubber.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Re: Silver strip in window seal

Postby vivapete3 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:22 am

1972nail wrote:You can replace the strip. East Kent Trim sell them. The dimensions of these are specific to Vivas so they are the only supplier who sell the correct one AFIK.

If your rubber seal is old and hardened up then replacing the trim will be very difficult to do without damaging the rubber.

Thanx for advice "1972nail" will be contacting East Kent, cheers all the best, vivapete3.
vivapete3
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Bodywork