Reclining front seats

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Reclining front seats

Postby vivapete3 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:38 am

Hi, I'm trying to locate 2 front reclining seats for my 1971 2 door HC Viva, does the clubs stock have any? Or members have any? Thank, vivapete3
vivapete3
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Reclining front seats

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu May 18, 2017 9:14 am

Hi Pete if you are looking for the later seats where the back position is adjustable be aware they are fitted on sliders to the floor not hinged on the front bar as yours would be. Don't think they did a front bar mounted hinged recliner seat but someone may know different. :wink:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby 1972nail » Thu May 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Sport SL's had front mounted recliners but they are SUPER rare to find and the pattern of the vinyl is unique to the Sport SL. Some of the late 2300 SL Vivas may have had recliners but I'm not entirely sure.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu May 18, 2017 7:45 pm

If you want to talk to the Spares Coordinator you have to ring/text him - David Swann - he does not use the Forum or Facebook - number in the magazine :wink:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby 1972nail » Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 pm

if originality isn't an issue I've fitted Alfa Romeo 147 3 door leather front seats to my car. The runners on them align perfectly with the original holes in the floor. You just have to use spacer blocks of various thicknesses to level everything up. The only ones I could find were grey so I painted them black with a leather refinishing kit.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby vivapete3 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:18 am

Fred Dukes wrote:Hi Pete if you are looking for the later seats where the back position is adjustable be aware they are fitted on sliders to the floor not hinged on the front bar as yours would be. Don't think they did a front bar mounted hinged recliner seat but someone may know different. :wink:

Thanx Fred for your advice,my later Viva has sliders, will have to have a rethink, cheers, Pete.
vivapete3
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby vivapete3 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:20 am

1972nail wrote:if originality isn't an issue I've fitted Alfa Romeo 147 3 door leather front seats to my car. The runners on them align perfectly with the original holes in the floor. You just have to use spacer blocks of various thicknesses to level everything up. The only ones I could find were grey so I painted them black with a leather refinishing kit.

Thanx for advice, will look at the Alfa seats,cheers vivapete3.
vivapete3
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Bodywork