Did we loose the website?

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Did we loose the website?

Postby jpsmit » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:41 am

for a day or so?

Couldn't get it - and tonight all of a sudden it is back.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Re: Did we loose the website?

Postby pbottomley » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:11 am

yes hosts seem of lost the server and had to move it and restore the last back up which may of bene the day before, so some posts will of gone missing sorry
pbottomley

Postby pbottomley » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:14 am

In fact seem the back up was done on the 17th December, so post past that date are now lost, again not my fault if a server dies in the USA.
pbottomley

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:23 am

cheers Paul at least its back up - if there was something important to say that has got lost will just have to put it back up again. I would have thought they would do a backup more than once a week though :o
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby pbottomley » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:57 pm

A back up of the data takes around 5 or 6 hours (even for the host directly connected to server),II do a once a month backup to my machine and that takes all evening and most of a night to finish. last back I did (November 2017) was a total of 4.17 gig and contained 253,245 items

:coffeenpc:

It too big using the software we have and the host we use to back up daily for what is a hobby site after-all its not life of death! I understand the MAD face you used in the post Fred, but get mad over things that are important in life, not the things that are supposed to entertain one in life.

pbottomley

Postby jpsmit » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:29 pm

pbottomley wrote:It too big using the software we have and the host we use to back up daily for what is a hobby site after-all its not life of death! I understand the MAD face you used in the post Fred, but get mad over things that are important in life, not the things that are supposed to entertain one in life.

Indeed! This was a question not a complaint. I am so grateful for this board - and for those who make it happen. As probably most of us, I have a love/hate relationship with technology - as evidenced by my choice to play with old cars - BUT I am also aware that I couldn't restore them without this technology.

Actually my greater concern was that you (we) were hacked - which is potentially much more problematic!

glad it is back and Merry Christmas!

:thanx:
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby Colin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Thanks for looking after the website for us, Paul.

Your efforts provide us with a marvellous chat and information sharing forum for our favourite hobby.

Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy and prosperous new year to you and yours.

Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby 1972nail » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Colin wrote:Thanks for looking after the website for us, Paul.

Your efforts provide us with a marvellous chat and information sharing forum for our favourite hobby.

Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy and prosperous new year to you and yours.

Seconded :)
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Err - that was a "surprise" face :o Paul not a "mad" :x
Happy Xmas and hurry up and get that GT finished it will soon be July :wink: :lol:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby pbottomley » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:19 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:Err - that was a "surprise" face :o Paul not a "mad" :x
Happy Xmas and hurry up and get that GT finished it will soon be July :wink: :lol:

has appointment with Specsavers in morning :lol: :lol: :lol:
pbottomley

Next

Return to General Discussion