Speedo fascia

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Speedo fascia

Postby HC Fairley » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:08 pm

Just wondering why they changed the fascias on the Speedos. Was it a year thing or a model/ spec option? The one in my hand was the original out of my,1975 1256 deluxe. It has no writing on the instrument lights either, all symbols. Anyway, it broke so the one in my car now is the one I see most often in other vivas with text on the lights and Temp and Fuel written in white over the gauges.
Attachments
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Speedo fascia

Postby 1972nail » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:27 pm

The symbol type was introduced with the 74 model year updates, flat top wings, Griffin on the rear panel etc. I suppose it made it more export friendly, after all we had just entered the European Common Market.

There was an earlier type, the one fitted to the square vent dash model which is a bit more grey/silver. Also the basic Delux model did not have a Temp gauge as standard until the 72 model year.

Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Re: Speedo fascia

Postby HC Fairley » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:23 pm

Thanks Mr Nail,
Could've guessed you would know :D
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion