Hi

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hi

Postby jacko » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi Everyone, my name is Harry and have just acquired a rot box of a viva hc estate ... why i don't know !! i saw it on ebay and it brought back memories of my youth having had 2 of them and also passing my test in one... a cas eof heart ruling the head and wallet although i only paid £700 for it... reg No. is UOD 961J anyone know it !!

Anyway i have had to put a home made floor in, bulkhead repairs inner sills, repairs to bottom corners of windscreen, tops of tailgate/ rear strut, inner wings, outer sills still to do and spare wheel housing and same at the opposite side, ...
Its is running well having had a recon engine and box !! and fibreglass front wings.... brakes and suspension still to check.

On the plus side, the guy had a spare car, a total rot box but complete only prob is it's a 4 door saloon but i gave him £200 as i thought most of the spares will fit???

Hopefully some of you guys will be able to help me out when i get stuck !!!!
jacko
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Hi

Postby pbottomley » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:24 pm

Blimey blast from the past, I donated that to a mate in Leeds 10 years ago.... along with a fully rebuilt engine... it was at the time of donation best described as a long term project !!! I think she sold it for scrap last year, so you must of bought it off the scrap man?

https://www.annteak.com/sunny-saturday/
pbottomley

Postby jacko » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:11 pm

Thanks for that info ......Your not kidding about a long term project but hopefully not long before she is back on the road again, the engine sounds sweet as a nut, .... do you have any more history about her ?

The kid i bought it of lived on Belle Isle in Leeds, are they all your stickers in the back windows !!!!!
jacko
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby jacko » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:14 pm

Sorry, just seen the link you put at the bottom ... nice info !!
jacko
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby rizzo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:44 pm

Hi Harry welcome to the forum, its sounds like you've had your work cut out there, also just noticed your in Selby :D
same here but up the road in Barlby.
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jacko » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi Rizzo, thanks for the welcome ...... so are you the guy i can run to when i need some technical help !!!!! lol

And many thanks to Paul for that info, it was interesting to see my car like that, i will post some photo's when i get some !!!!
jacko
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Say Hello