It's cold out today

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

It's cold out today

Postby jpsmit » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:55 pm

-17 deg. C. and I am not in the mood to work on the car.

Curled up in front of the fire and dreaming of warmer climes. Had to go about 45 minutes to church this morning following a storm last night. Not a lot of snow only about 10cm but much wind and still not clear highways until we were almost at our destination. Much better though still very cold coming home!

In other news, had a small flood in the basement yesterday morning - the good news was that it was clean water which was indirectly caused by a clog in the main drain. I was able to catch and and clear it out without needing a plumber - and realized the anti backflow device that I had installed on the floor drain didn't work. Soo could have been so much worse as in real sewage backing up instead of a couple of gallons of humidifier water.

Finally (can you tell I am bored) has anyone else noticed that while we have a Mechanical section - and a Restoration section and a Bodywork section that only the Electrical section is explicitly listed as "Electrical Help" is that on purpose? Is it Freudian? Is it the bane of these cars existence? :mrgreen: Enquiring minds need to know.

what was your weekend like?
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Re: It's cold out today

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Snow on Friday evening - gone by Saturday morning then wet drizzly and grey - temp about 0 - 5c - spent some time sorting a boot lock and key out for a member and making up a twin stork HC steering column switch from cannibalised parts :P - changed the said switch on the Red Baron as it turned out to be better than the one on there - Watched some snooker - Had a phone call from a member wanting to know where to get HC replacement headlights (just as I was preparing Sunday dinner) ShedFred far too cold to warrant a visit. :!:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Colin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 pm

We've been pretty lucky so far this winter on this side of the pond. It's just started snowing here in Shrewsbury this evening but we haven't seen much frost yet. No doubt that eastern beasty is just around the corner though!

I've been all warm and toasty in my shed rebuilding a 1975cc GT engine this week. :)
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby StefanM » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:33 am

-28 C here in the middle of sweden yesterday. Not very pleasant as I hate winter.
StefanM
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:51 pm

South West of England and Wales had snow disruption yesterday - Shropshire (midlands) was -8C Wednesday night but just about a barmy 2C today :roll: - will I get anything useful done. Just been down the hardware shop and bought T Cut in a metal can!! :shock:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby jpsmit » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:29 pm

still a balmy -16C here. :roll: warmer by the weekend. OTOH getting the house building stuff closer to done so, hopefully back in the garage.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby Bob perry » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:29 pm

Whiteout down here, and it's still falling in Farnborough!
Particularly bad around Basingstoke/Odiham/ Andover, around six/seven inches of snow, and the M3 is a disaster area!!
In fact everything westward of us is difficult, to say the least!!
Looks like it's an afternoon watching the blokes with the oval balls tomorrow!!
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:08 am

Bright and sunny here this morning :P Might venture to the shed for an hour or two :wink:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to General Discussion