Latest edition to the fleet

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Latest edition to the fleet

Postby VampireTigger » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Still has a mismatched door card and two or three splits in the dash. Current plan is to send to the bodyshop to have sills and other holes that shouldn't be there taken care of and all door cards and dash re-covered. If it's on 155r13s will switch to 175/70r13 on Avon Safety Wheels like my two door. Will also add parking sensors like on the red car and the head unit with built in speakers to give tunes and not damage anything. Potentially it could be a full re-spray if there is lots of welding required, if that has to happen will go with the original colour. Let me know your thoughts.
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Latest edition to the fleet

Postby 1972nail » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:19 pm

All sounds good, but I would go with slightly banded steels and keep the chrome trim rings and hub caps. If you go for a complete respray be extremely careful of the rear screen rubber, they are only made in unobtainium..... and that is very expensive!
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby VampireTigger » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:25 pm

I do already have a spare set of the alloys and even have replica centre caps! Rear rubber is not in the best of shape :(
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:12 pm

VampireTigger wrote: Rear rubber is not in the best of shape :(

None of them are! But you won't find a better one than the one you have! If you try to remove it it will probably fall in bits.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to General Discussion