Rubber cover

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Rubber cover

Postby vauxhallbitz » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 am

Does anyone remanufacture the rubber cover that fits in the gearbox to protect the starter motor bendix?

If not does anyone have a good second hand one for sale?

Also looking for the rubber part that protects the clutch cable where it goes through the hole in the gearbox.
1958 CA Bedford Dormobile (Porthole)
1960 Vauxhall Cresta PA
1975 Vauxhall Viva E Coupe
vauxhallbitz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: Rubber cover

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:08 am

I was about to take a mould off the cover I have with a view to producing them, before I did it I thought I'd better just check it in a bellhousing to make sure it's correct. It's not, so I stopped at that point. I was a bit suspicious that it wasn't the correct part because (a) it's plastic, and (b) it doesn't have the Vauxhall "Federation" logo on it anywhere that a lot of these things do have.

As for used bits, you're probably best posting in "Wanted" towards the bottom of the forum.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Re: Rubber cover

Postby vauxhallbitz » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:22 pm

Thanks, will do.
1958 CA Bedford Dormobile (Porthole)
1960 Vauxhall Cresta PA
1975 Vauxhall Viva E Coupe
vauxhallbitz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva