general cleaning boot area

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

general cleaning boot area

Postby craig12 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:29 pm

I was wondering how to clean the boot area thouroughly near the back seat area , towards the back seats, the boot area seems to dart off downhill and is where theres a few cables near the paintwork , does anyone know of a quick way to detail this area , seems fiddly to me to get a good clean and also where the spare wheel is , and rear lights , quite wide cable resting against the paintwork and the muck is underneath the wire
craig12
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: general cleaning boot area

Postby 1972nail » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:19 pm

Removing the back seat upright will allow you to access the difficult area from inside the car. There are only 2 nuts holding it in. You'll probably need to take the wiring out to clean the rear of the boot properly and I would think that the spare wheel can be lifted out easily enough :wink:
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to General Discussion