Rear spring help

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Rear spring help

Postby Viva Man » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Hi Everyone
I have a HC 1972. And it looks low at the back, I have fitted new shocks. But I have found new rear springs for 2.3 from a viva shape. Can anyone advise if these will fit?
Thanks.
Viva Man
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Rear spring help

Postby 1972nail » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Yes they will. There are slight spring rate and length changes across the range and years, but they are generally un-noticable to all but the most fussy of owners. The most significant differences are the stiffer and longer springs fitted to the rear of estates and the lower springs fitted to the front and rear the HPF.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Re: Rear spring help

Postby Viva Man » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:05 pm

1972nail wrote:Yes they will. There are slight spring rate and length changes across the range and years, but they are generally un-noticable to all but the most fussy of owners. The most significant differences are the stiffer and longer springs fitted to the rear of estates and the lower springs fitted to the front and rear the HPF.

Hi
Thanks for the advice. Got the springs on. It is a little higher but I don't mind this and the ride is good. The old springs were very soft.

Thanks again
Viva Man
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Mechanical