Saving a 1965 Viva HA Deluxe in PEI, Canada

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Saving a 1965 Viva HA Deluxe in PEI, Canada

Postby Nmatjasic » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:29 pm

** Updated Sept. 21 - updated progress & pics **
** Updated Aug. 16 - finally uploaded pics **
** Updated Oct 6 - more progress pics **

Hi there,

My name is Nick and I've recently acquired a 1965 Viva HA deluxe that was sinking in the dirt and growing weeds around it for a few years. Super stoked to have come across it and have plans to get it running and driving again.

It is in decent condition other than the floor pans, interior needed a good clean, some panels I'll have to remake. Amazed that the chrome that is still there is in good shape, missing the body trim in chrome but I may pinstripe it later.

Engine turns over but won't start so I'm working on that then will tackle the floor.

I've been trying to decode my chasis plate option codes but can't seem to match them all to the site. If anyone has a complete list of codes including the Canadian models that'd be great. I'm in the process of acquiring service manuals and Haynes manuals.

I'll try to post some pics and ill keep updating as I go.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGbMTre

** Some interior shots and more pics and me!

Last edited by Nmatjasic on Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Nmatjasic
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Saving a Viva HA Deluxe in PEI, Canada

Postby VampireTigger » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Welcome, pics would be good :)
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jpsmit » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Nick, welcome, glad you are here! I am restoring (ever so slowly) an HB GT in Toronto. I think there is another HA on this site that is located in New Brunswick.

This is a great source of info - and worth joining (just hold your nose at the exchange rate ;p )

Not much info on Canadian cars unfortunately but, they are super simple.

have fun!
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby Nmatjasic » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:02 pm

jpsmit wrote:Nick, welcome, glad you are here! I am restoring (ever so slowly) an HB GT in Toronto. I think there is another HA on this site that is located in New Brunswick.

This is a great source of info - and worth joining (just hold your nose at the exchange rate ;p )

Not much info on Canadian cars unfortunately but, they are super simple.

have fun!

Thanks, that's awesome. I'd never even heard of these cars until I saw it. Originally was told it was a 1965 Envoy Epic but when I got there in person it was a vauxhall which I like even better.

I believe I've been chatting with the Nb fellow, his is potentially sold I believe.

I've found an envoy epic in Nb that's for parts or restore with no papers so I may look at that one day. Spares are hard to find here that's for sure.
Nmatjasic
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Bob perry » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:03 pm

If you look further down the site, Fred has some HA manuals for free to Members. Worth joining just to get them I reckon.
Welcome to the Viva world from a fellow HA owner.
Got to keep them going!!
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Nmatjasic » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:32 am

Bob perry wrote:If you look further down the site, Fred has some HA manuals for free to Members. Worth joining just to get them I reckon.
Welcome to the Viva world from a fellow HA owner.
Got to keep them going!!

Thanks for the tip, looks like they found a new home already. All good I'll get some soon. Got a Haynes manual on the way that will give me some bathroom reading material haha
Nmatjasic
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Saving a 1965 Viva HA Deluxe in PEI, Canada

Postby jpsmit » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:45 pm

FWIW cause there's no trivia like Vauxhall trivia, :roll: Viva's were sold through Pontiac Dealers and Epics through Chevrolet.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby Nmatjasic » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:01 pm

jpsmit wrote:FWIW cause there's no trivia like Vauxhall trivia, :roll: Viva's were sold through Pontiac Dealers and Epics through Chevrolet.

Yes I learned that when I was told this car was a 1965 Envoy Epic and then went to see it in person and saw the Vauxhall badge. I did soooo much research online on envoy epic and it bled into the Vauxhall so I was prepared either way haha.

That's cool that youre working on a Viva in Toronto, I grew up in Mississauga most of my life, met my wife in Niagara (st. Catharines) and we moved to the island last year. Loving it here but was getting the itch to work on something. I'm no stranger to customization but got rid of all my past projects when we left Ontario. I'm doing custom car audio, electrical and fab work here in pei as there is a huge classic car / muscle car / street rod following here (it's all islanders do in the off season / winter haha).

If you want to check out what else I'm into follow me on Instagram @nmatjasic or look at #creativeegocustoms for past installs I did in ontario
Nmatjasic
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby jpsmit » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:09 am

Cool pics! (especially the strawberry layer cake - some of your best work :lol: )

For the rest of the forum PEI is one of the most beautiful and rural provinces in the country - with an emphasis on rural. (The provincial capital has a population of 36,000) we holidayed there for years and adore it, but the custom scene will be more like this:

:mrgreen: :lol:

Seriously, kudos! we have a low rider shop just around the corner and he has waaaaay more business that he can handle. There is always room for a niche market like that and waaay better quality of life.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby Nmatjasic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:20 am

jpsmit wrote:Cool pics! (especially the strawberry layer cake - some of your best work :lol: )

For the rest of the forum PEI is one of the most beautiful and rural provinces in the country - with an emphasis on rural. (The provincial capital has a population of 36,000) we holidayed there for years and adore it, but the custom scene will be more like this:

low rider tractor.jpg

low rider truck.jpg

:mrgreen: :lol:

Seriously, kudos! we have a low rider shop just around the corner and he has waaaaay more business that he can handle. There is always room for a niche market like that and waaay better quality of life.

Is that Altered Altitude Customs / Air Assisted in Markham? If so, I used to work there many years ago.
Nmatjasic
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Next

Return to Say Hello