Help can’t add photos

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Help can’t add photos

Postby Martin » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi everybody. New to club but enjoying reading my way through everything. Would like to add some photos of my car but keep getting told file is too big . Can anyone help an old fool work out how to get some photos added many thanks
Martin
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Help can’t add photos

Postby pbottomley » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:53 pm

pbottomley

Postby Kraken » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:57 am

A good bit of info in Paul’s post above.

Personally I right click on the file and press ‘edit’ which for me opens in the image in MS Paint.
I then use the ‘resize’ tool and resize it to 800 horizontal pixels, if the vertical is then 600 or less then bingo, it’s done. If vertical is still above 600 pixels then reduce it to 600 pixels and save the file. The tool on MS Paint keeps the ‘aspect ratio’ which means it changes both dimensions relative to each other so the image doesn’t look squashed.
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Martin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:18 am

Thanks for the replies I’m sure my wife can work it out for me on her laptop lol .
Martin
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to General Discussion