Correct place for Temperature sender unit OHC

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Correct place for Temperature sender unit OHC

Postby edgoose1 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:15 pm

Maybe a silly question, But can you tell me or make a photo for the correct position on the OHC engine with a twin stromberg manifold for the temperature sender unit. My Firenza is still in the garage getting the clutch changed. I have a new water pump to fit as the previous owner blanked the pump off that feeds the manifold. From memory there is a pipe that goes to the rear off the Twin Stromberg manifold from the water pump. At the moment the rear of the manifold has a pipe to the heather matrix. The temperature sender unit is in the front of the manifold. Should the sender unit be somewhere else ? Also should my Firenza SL2000 have twin or single Carbs from the factory ?
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: Correct place for Temperature sender unit OHC

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:46 pm

from memory the temp sender unit is under the inlet manifold behind the front carb? - and the 2000 Firenza should have twin carbs as did the HB GT
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby edgoose1 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:32 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:from memory the temp sender unit is under the inlet manifold behind the front carb? - and the 2000 Firenza should have twin carbs as did the HB GT

Ahh well there seems to be a blanking stud under the rear carb on the manifold , which is where i think the sender unit should go.
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:32 pm

edgoose1 wrote:Ahh well there seems to be a blanking stud under the rear carb on the manifold , which is where i think the sender unit should go.

There seems to be one of those under my rear carb as well:

One of the holes is for the outlet to the linking tube, the other must have a blanking plate on it. If you look at this rotten photo of the carbs on the car, you can see the temperature sender is circled. I can't remember what is in the rear hole - must be a blanking plug. I'll try to remember to have a look.

droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby edgoose1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:03 am

Thanks so front carb for sender unit. Will to see what is there when i get the car back
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:35 pm

I expect the idea is to get it close to where the thermostat is, it's close to there on my Dellorto manifold as well.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:34 pm

That pic with the circled part looks right :P
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to General Discussion