Viva on TV

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Viva on TV

Postby chrismc » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:17 pm

They bought a set of rear drums off me for this.
chrismc
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby junkyarddog » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:04 am

Terrible programme,
Was nice to see a Viva on the TV though.

I quite liked the finished car,tail lamp delete was awful,as was the yellow tint.

Did they really say they paid 3k for it :roll:
Just one more turn should do it....
junkyarddog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby vauxhallbitz » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:47 am

Words fail me!!!!!

I can't believe someone actually paid 12k for it.........
1958 CA Bedford Dormobile (Porthole)
1960 Vauxhall Cresta PA
1975 Vauxhall Viva E Coupe
vauxhallbitz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Andrew Morris » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:03 pm

Well I watched this with interest and it's never been a favourite,prefer wheeler dealers,car sos etc but very surprised at leaving the 1256 in it.Anyway it looked to be good job at the end but £12k wow.I do wonder whether the airing of the show will put prices up but we're all going to have to wait on that.Either way it was good to get recognition on the telly.Could have been much worse though,remember what Clarkson and his team did to perfectly good marinas a few years back.
Andrew Morris
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Bugger missed it :imsmiling:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby kriswalsh » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:13 pm

It's available to watch on catch up if anyone missed it :D

[url].https://www.dplay.co.uk/show/goblin-wor ... HD_271329B[/url]
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:24 pm

There's an edition of this show on Quest tomorrow (Sat) twice, I think it's the same one.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby lord13 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:53 am

I think the best thing the club can do is to distance themselves totally and immediately from this program. I am appalled and ashamed at what was done, not to the car, I actually think it looked ok, apart from the *Bleep* LED lights, but the way it was done and the lies told whilst doing it.
I mean, who actually thought that the car was unloved and abandoned?? no one i guess, it was obvious that the car had been sprayed with ..what...mucky water?? some rusty solution? jeez...you could tell the paintwork underneath was near perfect... and removing the bumper grill and lights, plus slashing a tyre?? How totally and utterly fake, anyone who knows anything about cars would be screaming at the tv at the presenter's shocking lack of integrity.
And the lies about 'finding' the steering wheel....that just happened to fit the boss on the column..'ooo look it fits perfectly....' really??? thats 'cos you just took it off love...jeeez

We wont even talk about the prices that were bandied about... this program made me so angry ....

Honestly ashamed of this program... Carl mate...why on earth did you sell it to these 'pimp my ride' chancers????

If the club applauds this kind of bullshit then I just don't know where it is heading...
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:05 am

Hmm - steady on Mitch! don't have a go at the Club for this - what a member does with his car and to whom he sells it is out of control of the Club Committee :wink:
Personally I have a lot of sympathy for the views expressed here. :roll:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby cooperman » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:19 am

I watched this, personally I have only seen bits of the other programmes and their "style" isn't my thing, on saying that, everybody has different opinions and styles and what one person likes another hates.
It proves that any TV show can be scripted to give a certain slant on things and it's only because we have seen this car as it was sold to them that we know what a load of balderdash it was.
On saying that.. I've always wanted a flame thrower exhaust since watching "Grease". If I fitted one to mine I'd end up setting fire to the garage door.
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion