Viva on TV

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Viva on TV

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:54 am

Bunsen wrote:If it was that rare then why not spend £10K on recommissioning it. Looked a easy restro.

Because that isn't what the show is about, it's not "For the love of cars" or the other so-called restoration shows. As someone else said, it's "Pimp my ride".

Still not sure why he had to heat the metal up to curve it around the rear lights - even a bit of 18g would bend by hand when cold, for that radius. Unless he was also trying not to break a nail.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Mike Attew » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:33 am

Also with the annealing statement with the splitter of heating then cooling quickly, this will harden a material. To anneal you heat it then let it cool slowly to room temperature.
Mike
Mike Attew
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:18 pm

The VVOC does not wish to promote the activities of the Jimmy de Ville's Garage producing the TV programme Goblin Works Garage.
Trashing a perfectly good 1300 GLS to create a programme of shammed restoring and modification is against the aims of the club - to quote from our Home Page :-
The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, here to promote, maintain and continue the survival of the Vauxhall Viva
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby lord13 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:54 am

^^^ well said :D
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbr341 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi
I have just watched the show and to be honest I thought it turned out ok they could have done a lot worst at least it should be looked after now and not left out to rust away as so many are.

Regards Chris,
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby kriswalsh » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:08 pm

I agree to a degree, at least it's not been modified to a state of no return. The car is drivable and being used as it should be, the engine was left standard. The mods carried out was a splitter, easy to remove, tints easy to remove, mirrors, lights yet again easy to remove. The show is for entertainment. The club's all about preserving the Vivas that are left but at least someone didn't buy this off eBay cut the tunnel out to fit a bigger engine and then abandon it to rust on a drive way until it's scrapped. Could have been worse maybe drop a piano on it from a crane like topgear did to some marinas.
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jamezz666 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:02 pm

The viva hc on this show, come up for sale without a price on facebook a couple days ago, i just didn't think to note down, which page i had seen it on! for the life of me... i can't find it now. I'll keep looking!
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jamezz666 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 pm

It's listed for 12K but from what the comments tell me, the guy who owns it.. isn't the guy seen on tv handing over a bunch of cash that you don't actually see in his hand :lol: Some comments seem to of pushed the guy to agree on some levels with the people commenting, about how poorly of a job that was done ect and the chap himself, had mentioned it's worth 10k less :?: ... made no sense too me.

photo upload
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Colin » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:22 pm

I remember seeing this post on Faceache at the weekend but it seems to have been removed - I got the impression that it was a joke. I can't seem to find this partiular Daniel Stephenson on Facebook now either. So who knows what's going on there... :roll:
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:00 pm

Colin wrote:I remember seeing this post on Faceache at the weekend but it seems to have been removed - I got the impression that it was a joke. I can't seem to find this partiular Daniel Stephenson on Facebook now either. So who knows what's going on there... :roll:

I thought the same Colin
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion