Coilovers

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Coilovers

Postby HC Fairley » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:02 am

Following my recent topic on springs and a lengthy discussion with 1972nail I have decided to go for GAZ coil overs on the front and adjustable shocks on the rear.

I priced 3 different spring suppliers for full sets;
South Yorkshire Springs - £220 + VAT + Carriage
Alpha Springs (Coil springs Sheffield) - £330 + VAT + Carriage
Euro Springs Dungannon - £300 + VAT + Carriage

Adjustable GAZ dampers are £60 a piece + VAT and Carriage

I am going to continue using my current rear springs as I believe they are ok but may get 2 made by South Yorkshire for around £100 at a later date.

Front coil overs from GAZ including Springs price breakdown as follows - Part Number GP6-4696 £80.00 each + springs £24.00 each + carriage £20.00 + vat

4 week lead time and helper springs included in this price.

Spring rate 450lbs to suit 1256 OHV.

Therefore it works out cheaper to put coil overs in the front at £208 rather than adjustable shocks and springs at £230. Furthermore it gives me the flexibility to change the coil over springs to a different spring rate for only £60 should I ever wish to.

I will add the email contact I have for GAZ in the suppliers link if it is not already there. They are a very helpful team and are quick to respond.
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Coilovers

Postby 68 dave » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:20 pm

My son worked there,got my adjustable shocks for free. They used to use Tony at South Yorkshire springs. So don't know where they will get there springs from now. Handy only down the road from hockley. Great you got it sorted. :D
68 dave
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Coilovers

Postby HC Fairley » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:38 pm

GAZ adjustable rear dampers now also ordered today :D
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion