Anyone Know if HRC61K is still around

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Anyone Know if HRC61K is still around

Postby Finnboy60 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:19 pm

Hello,

In 1984/85 I bought a blue Vauxhall Viva off of my dad who had owned it for around two years. It was my first car and I just wondered if it was still around. I'd seen a similar vehicle at Cromford steam rally a couple of years ago, along with the TV programme Car SOS has prompted me to look. I've done an MOT search on the government web-site and it comes up as still around (I think). Look forward to your help
Finnboy60
First Post
First Post

Re: Anyone Know if HRC61K is still around

Postby HC Fairley » Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi Finnboy, welcome to the VVOC forum. Unfortunately there appears to be no record of HRC61K on our register. The DVLA website has it listed as untaxed since 1986 with no MOT records available. There may be a chance it is in a shed somewhere or hidden away. An estate that had not been taxed since 1976 turned up a week ago. Someone may be along later that can help more. Hope you find it. :goodluck:
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Anyone Know if HRC61K is still around

Postby hbpeter » Wed May 06, 2020 3:11 pm

Do you have any photos of it, what model was it, SL, Deluxe, Saloon, Est, 2dr, 4dr.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to General Discussion