Hello/ Salut/ Shalom Jackie!

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Hello/ Salut/ Shalom Jackie!

Postby Tokyo-Grift » Mon May 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Hey! My names Craig, 24 years young in Kent. I recently purchased a cameo beige with the brown vinyl roof, 2 door hc! I love it, £200 I've got the engine running right (1256) another £50 I've temporarily fixed a rusty bottom rear arch with the use of alley mesh and some good ol' filler (though this isn't a permanent solution as I've seen on the forum rear arch panels are available and I do weld). Plans so far are to get it ready to be repainted the same original colour but in 2k (shun me) as the body is pretty solid apart from the previously mentioned lower arch and a dinky hole in the spare wheel well which is patch up later. What an amazing looking car! I come from having Mazda mx5s as my main drivers for years including 2 eunos mk1 imports, but they have nothing on the styling of the viva! Cudos vauxhall, much better than my previous experience with your company being a 2004 Corsa with a blown head gasket! Anyway, thanks for reading this far, as I've got your attention... Does anybody have the dual round headlights set up/ conversion for sale (for the HC?) And a bigger rear axle than the one on the 1256, one more suited for sitting at a decent speed on the dual carriageway. Many thanks in advance, and a thanks already for all the information available on this great forum, I've learnt a lot in just 2 weeks already! Look forward to making some like minded viva friends (hopefully) and hit up a few shows once the Co'rona virus and buggered off! Cheers - Craig
Tokyo-Grift
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Hello/ Salut/ Shalom Jackie!

Postby HC Fairley » Tue May 26, 2020 9:36 am

Hi Craig welcome to the VVOC!
Nice to have someone along that qualifies for the under 30's section of the club. I think there are 3 of us now ! :D
I'm sure someone will be along soon with a membership form if you wish to consider joining the club. In the meantime, post up some photos of your car for us all to see!!
Also a fan of Friday night dinner I see? :wink:
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Tokyo-Grift » Tue May 26, 2020 10:05 am

Hey HC Fairley! Thanks for the warm welcome. Only 3 of us? Not many of our generation with taste it seems! Ah cool I wasn't aware of a paid membership, whats included if you don't mind my asking? I will post up some photos shortly, I've got to resize the images to fit the forum (I've got a new phone which its camera takes HUGE file size pictures because of the quality, a pain in the backside). I certainly am, comedy gold, glad to see I wasn't firing blanks and that somebody 'got me :D
Tokyo-Grift
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby coopergirl » Tue May 26, 2020 10:43 am

Hi,
I'm Jane the Membership Secretary. If you're interested in joining the club I can send you a membership form.
You will then have access the members only forum on the website, and be able to contact members who have a load of knowledge about all things Viva.
Send me an email to membership@vauxhallviva.com
Jane
coopergirl
Membership Sec

Postby HC Fairley » Tue May 26, 2020 10:46 am

There may be a 4th lurking in the shadows, don't quote me on it though. Unfortunately the car scene now seems to be a bora dragging the ground with a CB ariel on the boot or a 306 D-Turbo reek machine screwed out 5 turns, taste is certainly lacking. Being a fully paid member gives you access to the club spares scheme, 4 magazines a year, a wealth of knowledge and often insurance discount for being a club member if you quote your membership number to them. There are a few members also involved in the remanufacture of rare or hard to find parts, you'll find they give fellow members discounted rates as well. There are a few good apps and websites that will resize photos for you all day long, it can be a bit of pain resizing them all but I'm guilty of deleting photos all the time to free up space, upload them here and you know they are backed up forever :goodideasign:
Roll on series 7 eh, maybe we can get Martin to buy a Viva to tow what's left of his caravan :D
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Tokyo-Grift » Tue May 26, 2020 3:16 pm

Hey Jane, thanks for that will email you now! :D

Couldn't have said that better myself, bunch of VAG Eurobox lovers haha. Okay cool I will most likely get myself a full membership, I do enjoy a magazine and knowledge is power! Thanks all! :D
Tokyo-Grift
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Tokyo-Grift » Tue May 26, 2020 3:17 pm

I just re-read that last bit, now seeing a viva in a modern series? Yes! There's a blue HC for sale in Sussex which I was told recently starred in a Disney movie due for release this December? Could have been marketing tactics but it will be interesting to keep an eye out for!
Tokyo-Grift
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed May 27, 2020 9:46 am

welcome aboard Craig - nice to hear the enthusiasm of a new young blood - glad you are enjoying your Viva - don't rush at changing the axle for a higher ratio one as you might find it may run out of puff on the 4th gear - a few years ago there was someone working on a conversion for fitting a type 9 F~*d 5 speed box but the favourite now seems to be the MX5 box - not sure if that will go on the OHV engine - search the technical Forum area or ask the question there. Fred
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby cooperman » Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 am

Shalom Craig, nice to see some young blood interested in Viva's. Looks very tidy your car, more pics please.
Marcus
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Kraken » Thu May 28, 2020 1:29 pm

Welcome!

I am also in the under 30s club!
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Next