Just a quickie

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Just a quickie

Postby Clara » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:16 pm

How much do you think a full restoration of a viva HA would cost? Too ill to do it myself so am giving up Soapbox to a friend to restore her for me.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:08 pm

3 times as much and 3 times as long as you think!! Seriously, depends on what needs doing to it, but it wont be cheap!
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby griffonmark » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:42 pm

Clara, it really is a case of if you have to ask you can't afford it!
griffonmark
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Clara » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:10 am

griffonmark wrote:Clara, it really is a case of if you have to ask you can't afford it!

Wrong! (Welcome to the world of the wealthy) It's really more the case of I'm curious how much other people have spent.

Should I expect to be able to buy that nice little xk8 run around while the soapbox is being restored? Should I be relieved that I don't have a morgage on this house? Should I sell my soul to the Lord?
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby griffonmark » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:47 am

Hi Clara, don't ask me for advice on your soul, I struggle to cope with my own. Anyway, people living in the world of the wealthy can afford to make there own mistakes, like buying a Viva HA HA HA!

Unfortunately, I live in the world of the unshaven underclasses and have to pay interest on my mistakes. Scrap the HA HA HA, put off road tyres on the Jag so they don't puncture when you run over council house kids, and spend more time with the estate blacksmith.
griffonmark
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Restoration