HB estate in west midlands

Have you got yourself a barn find and want other to know?

HB estate in west midlands

Postby Johnboy HB » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:09 am

Heres one for Automan. Spotted last week in Walsall dark blue HB estate, H reg in excellent condition, mildly customised, gt bonnet, magnum front grill & lights, chevette rostyles & webasto fold back sunroof
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:22 am

oooohh.

aaahhh.

ooohh.

aaahhh.

Stop it Ian.

Automan.
AUTOMAN

Re: HB estate in west midlands

Postby Chevetter » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:21 pm

Johnboy HB wrote:chevette rostyles

Are you sure? I'd say it would be a lot more likely that they're MG rostyles... or did Vauxhall sell vivas with rostyles on at any point?
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby xwv2300 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:03 pm

YES, magnums had rostyles as standard, as did gls vivas and the larger engined firenzas (not hpf), but could be had off the options list for any viva. look the same as chevette ones but 4 inch pcd ( chevette 100mm )
xwv2300
GT Viva
GT Viva

chevette rostyles

Postby Johnboy HB » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:22 am

As i said, chevette rostyles, as fitted to chevette gl, cavalier rwd. The ones with the square holes as opposed to oblong holes. Thought you might have known that being a chevette fan !!!!!! :?
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Chevetter » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:07 pm

Johnboy HB wrote:As i said, chevette rostyles, as fitted to chevette gl, cavalier rwd. The ones with the square holes as opposed to oblong holes. Thought you might have known that being a chevette fan !!!!!! :?

The point I was making, as xwv2300 has clarified, is that rostyles for cavaliers and chevettes are 4x100 and ones for vivas are 4x101.6 (4x4"). Hence to fit a viva they'd need to be either re-drilled in some crazy fashion, used in conjunction with 'wobble bolts' or the viva fitted with certain components of Chevette running gear. I thought you might have known that, being a Viva fan :roll:
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:15 pm

Gentlemen Please, some of us are trying to dream here. Lol.....

Ian,
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Johnboy HB » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:11 am

Sorry if i've caused offence, just pointing out that i know which wheels are fitted :oops:
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:35 pm

I don't think that you have caused any offence to anybody, so don't worry it's all ok.

I am still dreaming though.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Chevetter » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:22 pm

Johnboy HB wrote:Sorry if i've caused offence, just pointing out that i know which wheels are fitted :oops:

No, don't worry you haven't caused any offense. I just thought that directing your own rhetoric back at you might be an excellent way of pointing out the problem with comments like that.

Judging by the number of posts you have made I would guess that you are fairly new to internet forums. Its worthwhile remembering that other forum users can't see the 'tone' with which your post was written. Also, most people reading your posts don't know you from Adam - so, using this thread as an example - I had no idea whether it would be reasonable to assume that you would know the difference between chevette rostyles and other rostyles. Hence the question. A better reply would have been something like:

"No they were definitely Chevette rostyles, the ones with the square holes as opposed to oblong holes."

I guess what I'm trying to say is re-read everyones posts before you make a reply (did he really mean it like that?) and read your own before posting it (could this be taken the wrong way?). Arguing on forums is a totally pointless and should be avoided wherever possible!
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Next

Return to Found a Viva in real life?