HC Weatherstrips

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

HC Weatherstrips

Postby My751800 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:33 am

Hey guys :) Quick question, i need to replace my front passenger side weather strip and im wondering if The weather strips off a 2 door HC Will Fit My 4 door HC??

Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated,

Cheers,
Jade
My751800
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: HC Weatherstrips

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:00 am

By 'weatherstrip' do you mean the rubber that clips around the outside of the door, or the bit that runs along the top of the doorskin at the bottom of the window aperture and stops water getting into the door? For either it will need some work - for the latter, it's just a case of cutting to length as 2-door doors are longer than 4-door doors. For the former, I would think you'd need to fit to the top rear corner of the door as it has a moulded corner in the rubber, then go from there. I forget the exact shape as it comes down the front edge of the door where it fits against the windscreen pillar, some adjustment may be required there.

In general, though, you should be able to make something work in that direction as the 2-door part will be slightly bigger because of the longer door. It would be harder to make it work the other way around.

Or if I've misunderstood 'weatherstrip', please elaborate.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Return to Restoration