Orange GLS freshen up

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Re: Orange GLS freshen up

Postby MikeOC » Tue May 01, 2012 8:24 pm

pbottomley wrote:Got to be one of the shortest periods of ownership.... why buy it in the first place if it wasn't what you wanted? :?:

really? you think?? i've known plenty people have owned cars for just a few hours!!

bought it because i wanted a GLS,had looked for a while for one and nowt about,saw this and bought it as its low ownership and unmodified,then the 2 door came up thats why...even though its in better nick overall than the red car...otherwise i'd keep it.
current cars...
1978 Viva HC 1300GLS 2 door,Red with BVR
1985 Ford Orion mk1 1.6 Ghia,quartz gold
2003 Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi 5 door,moonstone-the daily driver.
MikeOC
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby MikeOC » Tue May 01, 2012 8:30 pm

slimjim wrote:out of interest how much? :D

will be putting it on fleabay tonight or sometime this week,hopefully try and get back what it stands me in at, its a lotto on there sometimes but still probably the best place to sell cars as has the most coverage now for people looking i think.

if your interested in it,drop me a PM :D
current cars...
MikeOC
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Tue May 01, 2012 8:56 pm

MikeOC wrote:
pbottomley wrote:Got to be one of the shortest periods of ownership.... why buy it in the first place if it wasn't what you wanted? :?:

really? you think?? i've known plenty people have owned cars for just a few hours!!

bought it because i wanted a GLS,had looked for a while for one and nowt about,saw this and bought it as its low ownership and unmodified,then the 2 door came up thats why...even though its in better nick overall than the red car...otherwise i'd keep it.

LOL a few hours you say ... blimey.. I normally count in years ... :lol: :lol:

Okay I sort of understand you wanted a 2 door, was a wee bit worried you were running before you could walk buying things blindly and throwing them away just as quickly :goodluck:
pbottomley

Postby MikeOC » Fri May 04, 2012 9:55 pm

pbottomley wrote:
MikeOC wrote:

LOL a few hours you say ... blimey.. I normally count in years ... :lol: :lol:

Okay I sort of understand you wanted a 2 door, was a wee bit worried you were running before you could walk buying things blindly and throwing them away just as quickly :goodluck:

yes i've known a few people buy and sell a car the same day,so i'm quite restrained in comparison LOL although i have owned about 200 cars in my time so have had a few not stayed for long,a lot of them cheap moderns bought to sell on etc.for a bit of extra cash to fund classics and stuff.
i can be quite impulsive though when it comes to buying cars,if i like summat and i have the cash handy it often gets bought,a lot of these purchases though have been to save cars from getting broken or raced etc.
i am fairly particular nowadays when it comes to keeping a car for weekend shows etc,and these days only really go for original low ownership cars.

i've got someone coming to view the orange car tomorrow teatime for a friend of his who lives farther afield,so we will see how that goes. it has the usual loads of watchers on fleabay [160 at last check] but that means nowt really :roll:
and i need to get one of the tyre valves sorted tomorrow before he comes,as its gone down,when i got the tyres changed last week the lad forgot to change one of the valves and had already refitted the tyre,typically its gone down LOL so i'll take it back round tomorrow and get them to do it for nowt :)
current cars...
MikeOC
SL Viva
SL Viva

Previous

Return to Restoration