1972 2door hc

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Re: 1972 2door hc

Postby schaff » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:21 pm

going to take the mint beige seats out of my hc as im going to be using it for a daily and dont want to ruin a mint set of seats so im after the following

black carpet
black door cards and rear side cards
black sl type rear seat
rear sl type rear shelf

all for a 2 door hc , i dont need front seats as putting modern seats in her
schaff

Postby jpsmit » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:26 pm

schaff wrote:going to take the mint beige seats out of my hc as im going to be using it for a daily and dont want to ruin a mint set of seats so im after the following

black carpet
black door cards and rear side cards
black sl type rear seat
rear sl type rear shelf

all for a 2 door hc , i dont need front seats as putting modern seats in her

Don't want to be rude, but why? you bought the car to use, it's not a Bugatti and there is every change it will deteriorate even more in storage where it isn't being cleaned and stretched and where there are mice and moths. Yes, it is a lovely interior - so why not just enjoy be the one who adds patina to an already lovely car? (Otherwise you know it will be the next owner when you sell it on at a discount)

my 2 cents.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby 1972nail » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:54 am

I agree, enjoy the car as it is. There are plenty of seats covers on the market if you wish tho protect them on 'ordinary every day' use and take them off for shows where you can show off the great condition of the interior.

The only thing I would do is to make up a simple heavy white cotton dash cover, held down by as couple of magnets, to fit during sunny days to protect it.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby schaff » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:18 pm

up for sale soon but least its back on the road and saved i should have thought more about a 4 door with having a car seat hmmm
schaff

Postby kriswalsh » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:37 pm

:roll:

that was short lived, why give up so easy.

I have a 1yo and never have problem with car seat.

Just leave the car seat fixed in the back. Or put them in the front. Sorted :goodideasign:

My parents had a viva back in the 80's us kids used to fit in ok, fair enough we ended up in the boot afew times after a large food shop but we always made it home :D
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby schaff » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:36 pm

its a big tilt car seat and not much room with it in front shes 3 now and i have no rear seatbelts in it and thinking maybe easier with a 4 door viva hmmm or mite just buy another and just sit this 1 here seems as its taxed and moted now least it looks good either way if i do sell it i will make sure it goes to a good home and not someone that will abuse it
schaff

Postby kriswalsh » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:07 pm

You should get yourself a cheap 4dr corsa as a daily runner & keep the viva as a weekend toy ie afew shows and abit of fun. Doesnt cost much to keep...

That way way the old girl will last afew more years and you still get some enjoyment.

You will prob regret selling and may not find a 4dr in as good condition.

I wouldnt just leave it sitting unless you have a garage, these old motors dont like sitting can cause afew issues ie brakes and clutch sticking.

Thats enough of my small talk due to this being a restoration thread, im sure you will make the right choice. :D
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby schaff » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:23 pm

think ill just keep it in no rush, i just got rid off a 2002 civic as dont like modern motors but the carpark outside my window looks so much better with her sat there and iv had about 30 people tell me they either owned one or there dad had one lol you dont get that with a modern car.
a man even stopped me in petrol station today said he has a chevette hes stopped driving local if im intrested for 100 so looks like ill have mechanical spares for the viva :)
schaff

Postby schaff » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:11 pm

schaff

Postby 1972nail » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:21 pm

Thats a nice car! Glad you're keeping it for a while. You might find that the 4 door is no better than the 2 door for a child seat. The back doors are small and quite restrictive.

When out kids were small we used a Minor Traveller with car seats and found it OK. Still got the Traveller and the seats are long gone!
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

PreviousNext

Return to Restoration