Llangollen Classic Transport weekend 4th /5th July

Tell us all about what's happening and what you did

Llangollen Classic Transport weekend 4th /5th July

Postby Greytop47 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:59 am

This is a smallish classic vehicle show, PSVs, cars , bikes set at Glyndyfrdwy Station . Bring a classic car and get free entry , plus 2 free tickets to use on the classic train line ( worth about £20 !! ) . I turned up on the off chance last year and had a great few hours. The whole area is very attractive and well worth a visit. Nearest post code is LL21 9HB.

Contact is Matt Davis Llangollen CTW , 14 Lancaster Drive , Vicars Cross , Chester CH3 5JW. Closing date 21st June,
although I did just turn up last year.

If you want to test your car's hill climb abilities , Horse Shoe Pass is nearby with the Ponderrosa Cafe , a large family Biker cafe at the top if you make it .

Cheers
Greytop47
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Llangollen Classic Transport weekend 4th /5th July

Postby droopsnoot » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:24 pm

I've got an entry form for this - I sent it last year and got no response but I never thought of just turning up. I'm sending it in earlier this year, though, so hopefully will be OK.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby logsplitterman » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:38 pm

I have sent off for an entry form for this, together with a SAE but so far have heard nothing, has anyone had any better luck than me. The closing date is getting close.
Regards,
Alan.
logsplitterman
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:30 am

I've heard nothing. I put a note in with my SAE to say " please use the SAE or my email address to let me know if I can't have a spot, so I can book something else", so I am hoping to hear one way or the other. I wouldn't be surprised if my car is a little too new, but they could at least let me know - I didn't get a reply last year either. I'm assuming that they don't pick the vehicles until after the closing date, in case they fill up and then get something more interesting on the last day, but then I saw photos from last year that suggested it wasn't anywhere near full. Only time will tell.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Greytop47 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Nothing heard either. But as I said just turn up , its a very big field , I will .
Cheers
Greytop47
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby logsplitterman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Decided to ring Llangollen Railway this morning regarding difficulty with entry forms(01978 860979) and spoke to a very helpful lady called Rachel Freeman, and explained my problem. Within minutes she emailed me back with an entry form. I filled this in, scanned it and sent it back attached to an email. Again very quickly she acknowledged its receipt and said she would pass it on to the Classic Vehicle Show organisers. Time will tell as to wether the pass will arrive but at least i feel i'm getting somewhere.
This could also be done by email admin@llangollen-railway.co.uk

Hope this may be of some help.

Regards,
Alan.
logsplitterman
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Neville » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:55 pm

Really great little Car Museum there a couple of years ago when I visited.
Too far for me with a Viva......but maybe a weekend away is possible as a
lovely part of the world.
Neville
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:12 am

logsplitterman wrote:Decided to ring Llangollen Railway this morning regarding difficulty with entry forms(01978 860979) and spoke to a very helpful lady called Rachel Freeman, and explained my problem. Within minutes she emailed me back with an entry form. I filled this in, scanned it and sent it back attached to an email. Again very quickly she acknowledged its receipt and said she would pass it on to the Classic Vehicle Show organisers. Time will tell as to wether the pass will arrive but at least i feel i'm getting somewhere.
This could also be done by email admin@llangollen-railway.co.uk

Hope this may be of some help.

Regards,
Alan.

I think that's where my form came from, it certainly came by email. Unfortunately they don't organise the show themselves, so I'm not sure it helps, and I've never been able to find an email address or phone number for the chap who does, only his postal address. And I'm not inclined to do any heavy digging because he might not put that information out generally for some reason that I want to respect.

But fingers crossed for all of us. Perhaps if we all get passes we could try to park together.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby logsplitterman » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Entry form arrived through the letter box this morning in my S.A.E. so perhaps all that faffing i did yesterday was a complete waste of time, but still a bit late i think for a closing date of 21st. June. I filled it in anyway with a note saying it could possibly be a duplication, it at least gave me a chance of enclosing a S.A.E. so now fingers crossed the pass may arrive. Also in the envelope was a coloured poster advertising the event and printed accross the bottom "FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL MATT DAVIES ON 07725 052659" so now we have a contact number that he is obviously happy for people to use.
Regards,
Alan.
logsplitterman
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:55 am

Thanks, that might come in useful if we don't hear anything.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Next

Return to Events