Another HB

Have you listed a car for sale on eBay (or another web based site)? Then why not list them here, so members can see what you're selling

Also when your on eBay (or another web based site) and you find a Car for sale post it here.

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first post.
Forum rules
Please post the following information when posting eBay items:

Thread title

Car Model - Reg number (if known)

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, ABC 123D

Failure to do so may result in the post being deleted.

Another HB

Postby lord13 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:47 am

Not much info on this one, and the pictures are rubbish.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-viva-hb-for-restoration/254138246927
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: Another HB

Postby Colin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:03 am

Colin
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby BobbyMel » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 am

It sold for £1300, now up for sale by the same seller again.....a rabbit away somewhere!!!
HB 368

1970 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....114 BOB
2015 - Vauxhall Astra 1.4 Excite...NL65 MDO
1987 - Austin Montego 1.6L....E375 JRV
1995 - Rover 216 Coupe....N622 VOA
1968 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....TMH 833F
BobbyMel
Top Viva Spotter

Postby lord13 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:00 am

Whats the betting that the reserve is over a grand? Personally i think that without an MOT, and without it being 'on the road', you shouldn't expect much more than £500 for any viva, Brabhams, GTs, and nose-coned varieties excluded obviously.
I had a small chat with the guy who was selling the white HB that needed doors and wings plus a good amount of other work, he wanted no less than a grand, I explained the wing situation and how that affects the prices of HBs but he was still adamant it was worth £1000 at least. Why? Because good clean examples of viva are being advertised for anywhere between 4-6K. They are not selling for that money, but people see them advertised for that and think they are worth that. I can think of two good examples that have recently sold for what I would think was a reasonable amount, only to be stuck back up for sale with an over-inflated price by the new owner who thinks he can make a mint without doing any work to either one. This makes people think that their 'rot-box' is worth a mint, and this sort of selling will eventually affect the values of our vehicles adversely, either by pricing the vehicles and parts way out of anyones price range effectively making the humble viva unrestorable to the average enthusiast, or by the bottom falling out of the market and we are back to viva's being given away ( which suits me ha ha :D , I miss the days of a free viva being offered :D :D :D ). Either way, These unrealistic prices will eventually harm the viva scene in some way or another I believe. . . . I'm probably wrong, my 'human nature' radar has been off for a few years, people invariably do things that surprise me . . .
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Cars for sale spotted on eBay (and other websites)