HB Viva GT - TYU 282F

Have you listed a car for sale on eBay (or another web based site)? Then why not list them here, so members can see what you're selling

Also when your on eBay (or another web based site) and you find a Car for sale post it here.

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first post.
Forum rules
Please post the following information when posting eBay items:

Thread title

Car Model - Reg number (if known)

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, ABC 123D

Failure to do so may result in the post being deleted.

HB Viva GT - TYU 282F

Postby Colin » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:23 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Viv ... Sw9tNdcCFY

Looks like it could be made nice without too much work. But the seller discloses that its a re-shell - which looks recent.

It's missing some hard to find GT trim items; GT dash pad (it's fitted with a standard one), although a damaged centre console and gauges, one GT door card and insert, steering wheel, one seat and some steels wheels, Rostyles & trims appear to be for sale separately. Surely they should go with the car?

DVLA shows it as a 2000cc Vauxhall and the seller quotes a '68 GT chassis number. This one is apparently new to the Viva GT register this year.

Does anyone know anything about this car?
Last edited by Colin on Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colin
Crayford HB GT
Crayford HB GT

Re: HB Viva GT - TYU 282F

Postby Colin » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Offered again -

The seller now also offers a few scrappy GT bits - a damaged, incomplete GT centre console with clocks and a GT steering wheel. Also some rusty Rostyles with early and late HC centre badges and HC trim rings, some indeterminate (possibly HC?) steel wheels and an HB GT / SL driver's seat.

But guess what? for £8995 he doesn't include the parts missing from the car actually with the car. No. He wants you to pay extra for them! Really?

I wonder if he works for Ryan Air?
Colin
Crayford HB GT
Crayford HB GT

Postby jamezz666 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:18 am

Colin wrote:Offered again -

The seller now also offers a few scrappy GT bits - a damaged, incomplete GT centre console with clocks and a GT steering wheel. Also some rusty Rostyles with early and late HC centre badges and HC trim rings, some indeterminate (possibly HC?) steel wheels and an HB GT / SL driver's seat.

But guess what? for £8995 he doesn't include the parts missing from the car actually with the car. No. He wants you to pay extra for them! Really?

I wonder if he works for Ryan Air?

I would've expected him to include them bits in with the sale, as no doubt the buyer at that price would wan't to attempt to make it original ish.. well i would anyway
Colin are them early centre caps not the same as the GT centre caps? as i've got a full set knocking about for my gt some where and i was under the impression they was correct :?

I believe he would have a much better chance of a sale, if he just fitted them original interior parts and tried to source a passenger seat. If memory serves me correct, the mk1 front seats was more squared off to the later mk2 seats?
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Colin » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:37 pm

You're absolutely right James, the Rostyles with early centre caps, but without the chrome trim rings, were fitted to 1970 Mk II Viva GT, FD VX 4/90 and '71 -72 HC Viva & Firenza.

The Rostyles with the later centre caps and chrome trim rings appeared on Magnum and Viva GLS.

Mk I GT and SL seats did indeed have squarer bases than MK II. I'm not quite sure from the picture which one this seat is. It looks like Mk I. I have a spare Mk I GT passenger seat if anyone decides to take this car on.

I could also supply a Mk I GT dash pad and one or two other trim pieces if required.
Colin
Crayford HB GT
Crayford HB GT

Postby jpsmit » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:40 am

Looking in the boot in pic #4 there are no bolts for the rear anti-roll bar making me think it is more about cosmetics than a full swap.
jpsmit
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Colin » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:31 am

jpsmit wrote:Looking in the boot in pic #4 there are no bolts for the rear anti-roll bar making me think it is more about cosmetics than a full swap.

In fairness J.P, the Mk I GT (1968) wasn't fitted with a rear anti-roll bar. The rear ARB only appeared on our 1970 MK II and Canadian GTs.
Colin
Crayford HB GT
Crayford HB GT

Postby Bobby Dale » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi Guys failed to sell again not suprised at the price really
Bobby.
Bobby Dale
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Colin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:02 am

Colin
Crayford HB GT
Crayford HB GT

Postby Colin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:37 pm

Re-listed again with a price reduction -

But he seems to have taken away the GT bits he had been selling separately?

£4 -5k might be nearer the mark.

But still, without too much effort - if you have the missing GT interior trim - it could be made nice. 8)
Colin
Crayford HB GT
Crayford HB GT

Return to Cars for sale spotted on eBay (and other websites)