HC Viva 1800 SL 4dr Auto - PDL 543M

Have you listed a car for sale on eBay (or another web based site)? Then why not list them here, so members can see what you're selling

Also when your on eBay (or another web based site) and you find a Car for sale post it here.

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first post.
Forum rules
Please post the following information when posting eBay items:

Thread title

Car Model - Reg number (if known)

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, ABC 123D

Failure to do so may result in the post being deleted.

HC Viva 1800 SL 4dr Auto - PDL 543M

Postby Colin » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:32 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-HC- ... SwIM5eIeSC

Immediately bid up to £2050 within the first couple of hours? Hmmm... :lol:
Colin
Crayford HB GT
Crayford HB GT

Re: HC Viva 1800 SL 4dr Auto - PDL 543M

Postby lord13 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:36 am

Hmmmm d'ya think that the wheel story is genuine?
I think the "There is some damage to the passenger side rear wheel arch which was caused by someone trying to steel the wheels and we had a wheel come off" , is more likely to be " despite being warned that these are opel wheels not viva ones, I carried on using them and dropped my viva on the deck when the wheel exited stage left after snapping the overly stressed wheel studs"....

There is a 'dodgy-ness' to this , especially the sky rocketing of the bids so early on, most cars sit at the low end of the bidding and only really start getting good bids towards the end of the auction...
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Colin » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:24 pm

Exactly right Mitch. And that rear wheel arch probably wouldn't have collapsed like that had it not been so rusty.

I need a set of metric Opel Rostyles for my Manta A. I'm wondering whether to offer the seller a set of the correct imperial Vauxhall Rostyles in exchange for his Opel Rostyles. The offer is there for a prospective buyer.

But aside from the wrong wheels, damaged (rusty) wheelarch and shill bidding it looks like it might otherwise be a nice enough, reasonably well maintained OHC Viva.
Colin
Crayford HB GT
Crayford HB GT

Postby Johnboy HB » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:18 pm

images (2).jpeg
images (2).jpeg (5.21 KiB) Viewed 57 times
They would be the wrong rostyles for your Manta 'a' Colin, they're Manta 'b', mk 1 Cav, Chevette ones although they're the correct pcd, Manta 'a' rostyles had 1 long slot in each segment instead of 2 squares, which model have you got ?, I owned 3 in the past, a 1900, & two 1600s, one of which I fitted a carburetted Manta GTE engine
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Colin » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:45 am

Quite right John. My Manta A is a very early 1600S from late 1970. The later 'twin slot' Rostyles as fitted to U-car Cavalier and Chevette etc and this Viva would actually look wrong, but the early single slot ones kindly pictured by you are pretty rare I would think.

We'd better not talk about Opel Mantas here but here's my car - :lol:

Colin
Crayford HB GT
Crayford HB GT

Postby lord13 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:28 am

Nothing wrong with talking about your Manta A, I've always wanted one, there was a guy in my street when I was growing up who had a brand new black one, I walked past it everyday on the way to school :D

And technically, apart from a box of bits and a really rusty shell, I don't actually have a viva anymore, well not a viable running one without a cash injection and about 6 years of welding :( my daily is my trusty Cav Convertible :)

lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Colin » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:00 pm

Very nice Mitch. I remember being let loose in a new Cavalier Convertible at the Luton factory in 1985 (although they weren't made in Luton). You can imagine the fun I had as a young lad of 22 in my sunglasses on a sunny day test drive - with Tears for Fears or New Order on the stereo. I didn't want to bring it back! :lol:

My apologies to the seller of the yellow 1800 Viva. It seems it sold quickly to one of the original bidders. So my suspicions of shill bidding appear to have been unfounded. Good luck and happy Vivaing to the new owner.
Colin
Crayford HB GT
Crayford HB GT

Postby lord13 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:54 pm

Colin wrote: with Tears for Fears or New Order on the stereo.

Funnily enough I've got a copy of 'Songs from the Big Chair' in it right now ;) and in the glove box we have Propaganda - 'a secret wish' and Depeche Mode - 'Black Celebration' :D
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Cars for sale spotted on eBay (and other websites)