HC Viva Deluxe 2dr (modified 3.0 litre) - DLS 670J

Have you listed a car for sale on eBay (or another web based site)? Then why not list them here, so members can see what you're selling

Also when your on eBay (or another web based site) and you find a Car for sale post it here.

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first post.
Forum rules
Please post the following information when posting eBay items:

Thread title

Car Model - Reg number (if known)

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, ABC 123D

Failure to do so may result in the post being deleted.

HC Viva Deluxe 2dr (modified 3.0 litre) - DLS 670J

Postby Colin » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:50 am

Colin
Crayford HB GT
Crayford HB GT

Re: HC Viva Deluxe 2dr (modified 3.0 litre) - DLS 670J

Postby lord13 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:18 am

Can I be 'that guy' again? y'know, that guy who mentions the BIVA every time he sees a car with the bulkhead chopped out? Can I ? Pleeeaaase ??

hmmmm well I am 'That guy' and yes this car is a total BIVA failure... so NOT mot exempt, and NOT tax exempt as it now should have no I.D. as the bodyshell has been butchered. So is in fact NOT a viva anymore....

But despite all that, if you wanted to buy it an not declare the mods then there are other glaring issues with it, namely the god awful bulkhead welding, if it stands that proud then there is no penetration, the bead is basically just sitting on top, and if the bulkhead and tunnel have been built like that it will just fly apart if you happened to have a crash in it, or probably give way through 'enthusiastic' driving. So if what you can see looks badly done, what about the bits you can't see???
Oh...and that gear lever looks very close to the handbrake lever... all in all a badly designed and badly executed set of mods...definately NOT 5k's worth..... it's basically scrap with a load of parts.
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Johnboy HB » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:12 am

Senator engine, if you were doing the work to put that engine in, you may as well have gone for the 24v instead of the 12v
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:34 pm

I notice it is 'J' reg yet has some of the hallmarks of a post '74 shell including the original colour.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to Cars for sale spotted on eBay (and other websites)