Viva HB Front and rear screen rubbers

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Viva HB Front and rear screen rubbers

Postby rizzo » Fri May 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Thanks for taking the time to post this James, always good to get some feedback, like you say it looks ok from where i,m sitting but its clearly not good enough. I think Colin is the next one on the to list to renew the seals lets hope he has better luck with his choice.
I almost sure now i will get my screens and window runner seals from Rare spares, as Adrian states they are made from the original moulds not sure if this is correct or not.
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby jamezz666 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:14 pm

rizzo wrote:Thanks for taking the time to post this James, always good to get some feedback, like you say it looks ok from where i,m sitting but its clearly not good enough. I think Colin is the next one on the to list to renew the seals lets hope he has better luck with his choice.
I almost sure now i will get my screens and window runner seals from Rare spares, as Adrian states they are made from the original moulds not sure if this is correct or not.

That's no problem. A while ago, I did find Information on some forums, that the rubbers from rare spares are made to the original spec. I recall a chap in Australia, who purchased the whole rubber seal kit, at something like $1200 and said every thing fit a treat.
The reason I stayed away from them, was the cost of postage. It was the same for the panels as well, as you could get floor pans and boot floor panels, plus many others.. it's just the post and import duties, that knock the stuffing out of you
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jamezz666 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:17 pm

Well.. I'm well and truly peed off... i thought the front screen was bad! look at the picture below.. i have already cut 5" out of the bottom part of the screen rubber and you can still see the bottom part over laps by 2"! and look at the top.. it needs about the same amount cutting out :angrywife: what company thinks its a great idea to have a screen that needs the rubber cutting in two places :angrywife: it's a complete joke and i've never felt so let down in all my life... Anyone one and everyone, stay clear from that place who i used!

I'll also add.. the rubber only just covers the body, don't let the picture deceive you.
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby rizzo » Mon May 25, 2020 8:24 pm

jamezz666 wrote:
rizzo wrote:Thanks for taking the time to post this James, always good to get some feedback, like you say it looks ok from where i,m sitting but its clearly not good enough. I think Colin is the next one on the to list to renew the seals lets hope he has better luck with his choice.

That's no problem. A while ago, I did find Information on some forums, that the rubbers from rare spares are made to the original spec. I recall a chap in Australia, who purchased the whole rubber seal kit, at something like $1200 and said every thing fit a treat.
The reason I stayed away from them, was the cost of postage. It was the same for the panels as well, as you could get floor pans and boot floor panels, plus many others.. it's just the post and import duties, that knock the stuffing out of you

Mmmm not sure about all fitting, the boot seal is different and the rear quarters may be an issue, ive spotted bad feedback on them.
Yeh thats the only drawback, getting them back to blighty in a cost effective manner.
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby rizzo » Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm

jamezz666 wrote:Well.. I'm well and truly peed off... i thought the front screen was bad! look at the picture below.. i have already cut 5" out of the bottom part of the screen rubber and you can still see the bottom part over laps by 2"! and look at the top.. it needs about the same amount cutting out :angrywife: what company thinks its a great idea to have a screen that needs the rubber cutting in two places :angrywife: it's a complete joke and i've never felt so let down in all my life... Anyone one and everyone, stay clear from that place who i used!

I'll also add.. the rubber only just covers the body, don't let the picture deceive you.

This isnt good, i do wonder why nobody has said anything uptil now, maybe previous buyers have not got to fitting them. I feel your pain this is not acceptable so that makes me wonder what East Kent trim are selling as i believe their rear is also a cut jobby.
I hope you leave some well earned feedback for the seller, might be an idea to post on the Facebook groups aswel.
I hope you can find a solution to this.

Just had a look, yup cut and shut. ("One piece screen rubber which does require a cut and shut to it. Takes an insert (available seperately").
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Previous

Return to General Discussion