HC in scrapyard in Radstock

So you found a Brabham Viva but its not your colour and its a bit sad, is it about to be crushed. Help save it by posting here!

HC in scrapyard in Radstock

Postby billy_bunter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:20 pm

I work with a lad who does part time cover (Weekends/afternoons) in a scrapper in Radstock. He mentioned that they had an old Vauxhall in the back of his yard. I said take a photo. So he does.... From the very bad phone photo it looks like a std HC in a fair old state but there may be spares on it. It might have been driven to its current position but there again it may have been hoisted and thus the shell will be U/S. hard to tell really roof line looked straight so it might not have been stacked.
I have not got time to look and/or funds space to take it off them. Anyone on here care to take a look and let us know if it any good? Or indeed any spares to be had?

Ask for Martin if you go on a weekend and mention that the car was mentioned on here. From conversations I have had with him the owner is very old school so negotiate carefully. If you think it is worth saving or you want parts. Remember one fact the car crushed is worth 200 to 300 quid to them. So go expecting to pay money not get free parts

Cheers Ewan

Address and number

Hall Mark Motor Salvage Ltd
Old Gas Works
Coombend
Radstock
Avon
BA3 3AW
United Kingdom

Telephone: 01761 434759
billy_bunter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: HC in scrapyard in Radstock

Postby House » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:22 pm

This one? In the car park area?

I asked about it ages ago and it's part of the owners private collection and not for breaking. To be honest it's rather shot and getting to it to get anything heavy off will be a mare.
House
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby mazzo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:30 am

That took me quite a while to work out what was in that photo :D
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1971 Green 2 door HC Base model
1978 Red 4 door Viva E from new
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby billy_bunter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:41 am

No problem! Glad someone has seen it...

I guessed it was pretty ropey BUT you never know....

The bloke I know is trying to clear the collection slowly rotting away! There was no foliage in the photo I saw just a pallet on the boot
billy_bunter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Scrapyard Finds