1971 Tax Exempt Viva

So you found a Brabham Viva but its not your colour and its a bit sad, is it about to be crushed. Help save it by posting here!

Postby psl » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:23 pm

It was only the fact that you posted up what it was really like Ralph, that i have walked away from it. Like you say what you see in the pictures isnt the whole story. If it needs sills, arches,wings repairs and patches, Oh dear.
The one i`ve just sold is much better then what this one sounds like, so much so Mr P Bottomley bought it!
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Chevetter » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:47 pm

So what you're basically saying is that I have saved you from chucking a load of money at a pile of old rubbish? Does that mean you owe me a pint? :wink: :lol:

I'll give frank a call tomorrow and see what his plans are with regard to the car - do you want it at a lower price? He tends to be a bit keen with the old baler does Frank so I shall try and make sure that it doesn't make its last trip just yet :?
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby psl » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:24 pm

You certainly have me lad :) A pint it is, saves me a load of trouble.
Cheeper would be better, but free is always the best. :wink:
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Chevetter » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:12 pm

Oh dear.

I rang Frank and he said he wants £250 or its going in the baler and it's going there on wednesday. I tried various little arguements that I thought might work on him but to no avail.

So I think the thing to do is for someone (Paul B? Paul L? Clara?) to get over there before wednesday, wave a few notes about and get all the interior and the chromework off it!
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bulldog » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:12 pm

i do not under stand that it will only get £70 ish for scrap metal :? :? he must take the parts off of it
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Chevetter » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:15 pm

Yeah I tried the 'I'll give you scrap value' apporach but he wasn't having any of it.
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Clara » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:16 pm

Random Dippy Internet Bint just phoned up Frank - it's £250 or nothing. Bailer is ready and waiting. Wasn't that keen on giving me any information on it - come see or nothing.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby psl » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:05 pm

How do they come up with their prices?
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby bulldog » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:33 pm

they all the same in these scrapyards they think that you got a classic car because you've got lots of money but the fact is that the cars cost you more money to keep on the road than a modern car and you have no spare money because of the cars. my firenza has cost me alot more than its worth so far and its not in paint yet.
hmm why do i do it to myself again and again?!!mike
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:42 pm

for the love of the car and the nostalga. Life was simpler for all of us when we were younger. Now we have responsorbilities to family, work, friends etc. We need an escape and that is why our cars and programmes such as life on mars are so important. They provide us with a link to the past that we can look at with rose tinted glasses. Our minds play tricks and the memories are allways better with the passage of time. I love to remember, I meet my dad and nan in this sort of escapeism.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Previous

Return to Scrapyard Finds