Darth back from end to end

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Darth back from end to end

Postby dann01 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Yep, he got us back... Then got home, unhitched the trailer with the Billing stuff in it. Got back in the car, turned the key, ignition light, and... And nothing. Dead! No dry click. No stunted turn over. Nothing.

Now remember that on route in Scotland, the fuse in the loom broke down, and we had to hard wire the coil on the positive side via a switch to the batery... Then we had to disconnect this feed from the fuse box to prevent the fuse from burning.

So, remembering all that, a list of ideas might be handy for when I can finally get\around to looking at it.

Cheers

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Re: Darth back from end to end

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:45 am

My old hatch used to do stuff like that, when I had it in pieces to paint the engine bay it turned out that some of the pins in the dashboard loom weren't probably clipped into place on the connector that sits underneath the fusebox, so they would periodically lose contact. Folow the current is the only way to see what's going on.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Re: Darth back from end to end

Postby hbpeter » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:47 pm

He probably just wants a rest!! :respekt:

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Electrical help