VIVA INDICATORS

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

VIVA INDICATORS

Postby fezworth » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:18 pm

hi guys im new on here and just wanting a bit of help can some one help me with the diagnosis of my problem

ive had my viva for just short of 4 days now and already indicators stopped working but the hazards havent

mine is a 79' 1300L viva

at first i thought it was the relay but i am having trouble finding it

i just dont get how the indicators just packed in and hazards are still going pls help
fezworth
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: VIVA INDICATORS

Postby pbottomley » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:22 pm

The relay is under the dash its better to stick your head under the dash it should be towards the door side of the dash. large round cylinder thingie... :goodluck:
pbottomley

Postby hbpeter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Is there a push/pull switch for the hazards on the steering cowl near the indicator stalk? If so check it isnt pushed in/pulled out to far. I had this problem with my GLS, and thats what it was.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby dann01 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Welcome to the world of Viva electrics...

Indicator relay is: Left hand in right hand parcel shelf, feel over the top edge of plastic towards the door pillar, and you should find it clipped to the body work... Failing that, it come off the clip and it's dangling behind the parcel sheff.

Hazard relay is in the column cowling at the bottom, retained probably in a pair of moulded uprights. You'll need to take the cowling off to get to this one. You can also get to the Harzard switch while this is off, and just generally check connections and cleanliness of the switch innards.

But before you do any of this, just have a play with the harzard switch. They are kinda quirky, in as much that it doesn't take much for the spring contacts inside to get mucky or just fail to make contact with the brass switch ring on the plunger inside.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby fezworth » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:00 pm

thanks guys problem sorted the relay had gone and needed some tlc
fezworth
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Electrical help