how fit accuspark electric ign to viva hb

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

how fit accuspark electric ign to viva hb

Postby retrotoe » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:02 am

bought accuspark treid normal way to coil,doesent work,is the another way doing my head in,any fitted them to viva hb,used same kit on ford and worked perfect,any help plz, :angrywife:
retrotoe

Re: how fit accuspark electric ign to viva hb

Postby pbottomley » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:11 am

If you read the instructions it says it is very very specific about which way around you connect things.

Connect the black or blue wire to the negative side of the coil. If you connected the RED wire to the negative side of the coil and tried to start the car this will blow the unit up and its basically fit for nothing more than the bin.

Also as a side note there is no need to be "angry" all the time, you need to chill out a bit.
pbottomley

Postby retrotoe » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:42 am

thanks for swift reply :D took pills :P and everything comeing up roses :lol: i follewered instructions did not work and asked as anyone else used this kit,as for angry wife,yes this car got me down only human :shock: leave running on points,no hassle and am :imsmiling:
retrotoe

Postby pbottomley » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Old saying if it isn't broke don't fix it. If you fitted the Accuspark and it was working fine I would still say keep a set of points, the old LT lead and a condenser in your glove box just in case.

We enjoy your outbursts, we just hope it becomes more smiles and happiness as you work through the odd jobs that are needed to make it reliable. :goodluck:
pbottomley

Return to Electrical help