HC Viva,won't start or turn over

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Re: HC Viva,won't start or turn over

Postby vxmad » Sun May 20, 2012 10:25 am

If you put an old screwdriver across the two terminals 0n the solenoid it should start, did this to see if mine was duff, hope this helps,(be aware the screwdriver will get hot if you do this for to long) Steve
is there any cure for buying vauxhall cars
vxmad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby MikeOC » Sun May 20, 2012 8:06 pm

vxmad wrote:If you put an old screwdriver across the two terminals 0n the solenoid it should start, did this to see if mine was duff, hope this helps,(be aware the screwdriver will get hot if you do this for to long) Steve

i don't really fancy trying that TBH fella,sounds a tad dangerous to me :shock: think i will stick to buying another new solenoid and trying that,for the sake of a few pounds.

not had time to do owt with the car today as wife wanted the back garden doing,plus we've had family up today so its gonna have to wait till sometime in the week now or next weekend before i get some time to look at it again.
current cars...
1978 Viva HC 1300GLS 2 door,Red with BVR
1985 Ford Orion mk1 1.6 Ghia,quartz gold
2003 Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi 5 door,moonstone-the daily driver.
MikeOC
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby MikeOC » Sat May 26, 2012 8:56 pm

car is now back running again,had an hour on it after work late this afternoon,after tinkering with wiring,and yet another new solenoid fitted,which worked this time... :roll: went for a propa brand newie one this time rather than some piece of junk thats sat in someones garage for 30-odd years... :x

i won't get chance to give car a clean up and a run now till next weekend as i've got a show tomorrow which i'm doing in the Orion,and then i'm probably on night runs again next week like i was most of this week :shock:
current cars...
1978 Viva HC 1300GLS 2 door,Red with BVR
1985 Ford Orion mk1 1.6 Ghia,quartz gold
2003 Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi 5 door,moonstone-the daily driver.
MikeOC
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sat May 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Good to hear its running, with a low mileage car that hasent done much over the years you probably will get a few teething troubles as you start to use it.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Paul Dawson » Sun May 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Good news.
Paul Dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Electrical help