alternator wooos help

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

alternator wooos help

Postby pallet30 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:55 am

Currently rebuilding my 74 firenza 2.3 and ive hit a hurdle with the alternator and wiring. Can not find a original delco dn460 unit and im having to go other routes but how easy is it to fit another type alternator to the car , in ways of wiring it to the different alternator, really struggling to suss it out and need help. unless someone knows to a good second hand delco unit, I really wanna get the car sorted for the spring as ive had it seven years and not driven it yet.
all advice and help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
pallet30
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: alternator wooos help

Postby 1972nail » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:30 pm

My '74 Magnum engine was fitted with a Lucas 18ACR alternator as standard. You can buy Lucas alternator connections very easily to convert your existing loom.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Re: alternator wooos help

Postby shamm » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:19 pm

I have various used Delco units here and the club offers a full rebuild service if that helps.
I could post directly to Tim who does the refurb to limit the postage costs.
Steve Hammond

Two 2.3 Viva's, one 2.3 Viva Estate, one 2.3 Magnum estate, half share in a 1.6 Viva auto, and no time (HC183)
shamm
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Electrical help