Had no joy with my Accuspark

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Had no joy with my Accuspark

Postby fistfullofV5's » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi all,lately after many other jobs I've got to the exciting part where I get to start my Firenza for the first time in years,but it hasn't gone as smoothly as I'd have liked. Firstly the starter waved the white flag so I dug deep and bought a Wosp reduction gear unit. Then the float valves got stuck and needed some persuasion to fill the float bowls,hey ho so that was done. Still wouldn't start so I checked the timing again and made sure the dizzy was installed correctly and all looked well. All I was getting was a slight splutter and then nothing. Then my spark disappeared altogether. Problem is that I bought my Accuspark stealth module at the NEC a few years back but never got round to trying it till now so any warranty is out and it appears I bought a dud. I had moved the feed to D5 on the fuse box to bypass the ballast wire and fitted a 12v Accuspark coil but the car's not having any of it. I know that many have fitted them with no issues and I guess I've just been unlucky. I've sort of lost faith in the stealth/dizzy setup after all this so I'm going to fit a megajolt unit that I've seen running on my girlfriends Mini and bypass the dizzy altogther.
Wish me luck, Dave. :imsmiling:
fistfullofV5's
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Had no joy with my Accuspark

Postby viva boy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:47 pm

:goodluck:
Vivas seem to be highly addictive,
got an Estate
Now have a Coupe
now on the lookout for a Saloon
viva boy
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:13 am

Keep us posted on that - I've been considering something like Megajolt to get rid of the random advance, and to take into account that with Dellortos I can't easily connect the vacuum advance.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Paul Dawson » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:58 am

I'd be interested to see how this works out for you. I've never fitted a Megajolt.
Paul Dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby fistfullofV5's » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:38 pm

Hi all, I'll start a thread to chart my progress with the installation or the megajolt system and post some pics along the way. Have ordered my trigger wheel from http://www.triggerwheels.com today so the job of fabricating mounts for that and the pick up sensor can start when it arrives. I'll include as much detail as I can think of regarding the wiring and bracket measurements.
Regards,Dave
fistfullofV5's
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby chrismc » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:47 pm

I'll look forward to seeing how you get on . 8)
chrismc
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Electrical help